Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Did you hear yet?

You may want to call admissions tomorrow to see if your studentā€™s file was complete by Nov. 1. If not, Priority (after EA) international applicants can hear back as late as Apr. 1.

We submitted on Oct 31 and received SRAR request a few days later. However, we decided to send SAT scores after submitting application so maybe that impacted our status. I called admissions 5 minutes too late today, not realizing their hours were till 4 30 pm ET only :frowning:

Yes, my son got his decision Dec 12? 13? He submitted 10/31 for CS.

1 Like

When did you submit SAT scores? Have you checked to see if the TO button is gone?

Submitted Nov 2 but official scores might have taken a few days to reach. The TO button is the Test Optional button right? Itā€™s the same as it was since scores were submitted. Says update complete.

Yes, TO is the test optional button. Do you still see it on the left side?

Yes :frowning:

I hope it disappears for you soon! They say EA decisions will keep rolling out til December 24!

If you do not mind, could you please share your sonā€™s stats please?

@TheMonaLisa, if you do not mind, would you please share your sonā€™s stats for COE for CS at UP? Thank you!

1 Like

Donā€™t mind at all! My son selected summer start at UP on his application because heā€™s heard nothing but great things about it! He got accepted at UP summer start in the College of Engineering for Computer Science. 4.252 w gpa, top 10% in his class (school only does decile ranking). He went test optional even though his SAT is within the mid range because he figured itā€™s higher for engineering. ECs are average, nhs, tri-m honors, robotics, etc., community service, lots of independent study/projects in computer science, nothing fancy.

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

i got into the 2 plus 2 program i clicked summer-start but did not get it i asked for a reconsideration do you think i can get in

These are almost EXACTLY my sonā€™s stats. Weā€™re in the same boat of his SRAR being in after deadline even though EA was in before Nov 1. Admissions told him heā€™ll hear by Jan 31st. Heā€™s applying to aerospace engineering, so yes, more competitive same, he went test optional b/c our college advisor said unless itā€™s 1500 or above for engineering, donā€™t submit. Admissions flat out told me needs to be more competitive to that major. Fingers crossed - weā€™re from California, but his brother is a Sophomore (business / Smeal) and LOVES it. Good luck to all!

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll get in! Itā€™s just a delay! Most schools donā€™t even release their EA decisions until end of February. At least now you know when to expect a decision! Best of luck to you!

1 Like

If Admissions told you that he needs to be more competitive, will he be open to a summer start?

2 Likes

My son was accepted for fall, not summer. But he applied test-optional, 3.83 GPA College of Arts and Architecture

1 Like

They wonā€™t reconsider you for fall or summer admission without a substantial change in your application. In this case, since you were already denied fall and summer, youā€™d have to change your major.
What major did you apply for and what were your stats? Knowing that would help advise you.

Did anyone just receive this? And if so, what was the envelope referenced? My son opened the letter, so I never saw the envelope.