Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

I lurk around reddit sometimes and just read that a student got an acceptance today! So it looks like PSU is still sending out decisions! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

4 Likes

Was that an email? Weird! My son got his last week. Iā€™ll ask him.

Yes - an email that just came in this morning.

Iā€™m regretting submitting my sonā€™s SAT score now. He got 1420, which is on the low end for CS.

Trust me its not. My Son got his acceptance OOS couple weeks back with much lower SAT. (1320) w/ 4.0 GPA for OOS. He applied for CS and he was accepted at UP for summer start (which is what he selected)

Good luck. .you will be fine.

Never mind, I solved the mystery. It was a donor/member envelope. Makes sense that this was by mistake and nice of them to send out this correction.

3 Likes

Do we know when decisions are being released for OOS priority students? Iā€™ve been reading that people have been getting decisions, and I havenā€™t gotten anything back yet :((

I filed October 31st and did my SRARs a few days after

You should reach out to admissions right away to make sure you are in the EA batch or if you will be hearing in January. Scroll up in this thread to see others describe their experiences on this topic. Good luck!

Do you know the email of the admissions office? Thank you for the help!!

1 Like

Dont email, the break begins tomorrow. Call instead

Calling right now! Thank you!

3 Likes

We were in a similar situation. My son filed the application on 10/31 and the SRAR and test scores were completed a few days later. We thought we were in the batch of EA applicants and didnā€™t realize until a couple days ago that the lag completing the SRAR and submitting the test scores caused us to miss the deadline. When I went to the website, it was very clear that the application and all supplemental material (SRAR, test scores if applicable) must be submitted by 11/1 to be considered for EA. My son completely missed that (as did I) and thought the application alone would satisfy the requirement.

I had a friend call today as well and her srar didnā€™t make the cut eitherā€¦glad I saw that this happened or she would still be checking

1 Like

Some submitted the SRAR late but still got the EA including my son and I saw this in reddit too
https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/xkglwn/penn_state_university_early_megathread/j1713zx/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3

1 Like

Still waiting over hereā€¦ high stats kiddo applying Engineering (Comp Sci)ā€¦the waiting is painfulā€¦

1 Like

Merry Christmas Eveā€¦I guess Dec 24th wasnā€™t a hard date for decisionsā€¦looks like admissions office is closed til January so I guess we wonā€™t hear

Happy holidays! For those who have already heard and been accepted, has anyone received the Provost award or received a ā€œFor the Gloryā€ event invite? The website says Provost is awarded on a rolling basis and in years past the For the Glory emails went out as early as late December. Thank you.

I applied EA in October. My application is still under review. It says decisions would be made by 12/24. Is this happening to anyone else?

1 Like

Still waiting too. I applied for Engineering. I though 12/24 was a hard date for EA applicants.

1 Like

We thought we applied EA and would have a decision by 12/24, but because the SRAR and test results were not also received by 11/1, we got bounced to regular decision and will have a decision by 1/31 instead. I had no idea until I emailed admissions last week since we still hadnā€™t heard anything. Is it possible the same thing happened to you? Thatā€™s the only thing I can think of since, as you pointed out, EA decisions were to be issued by yesterday. Good luck and I hope you hear something positive soon.

1 Like