Penn State Class of 2027 Official Thread

Agreed. It makes it extremely difficult for kids that fall in the 25%-50% range to know what to do. If you don’t submit it could be assumed you were out of the range completely. A lot of schools have shown their average SAT scores go up 100 points in 1-2 years because of this.

2 Likes

Just curious, was your daughter accepted for reconsideration for fall term or summer?

1 Like

any one receive a decision today we are still waiting

She was accepted for fall.

We’ll just got my financial aid package. Lol. Only loans. Come on Penn state…not even something for being a legacy??:joy::joy:

3 Likes

yeah I’m still waiting too :stuck_out_tongue:

We are still waiting for my daughter’s decision. As I mentioned above, I called Admissions this morning and they said the decisions will be released today, no change to the date.

1 Like

We are still waiting too.

2 Likes

Will you still get access to lionpath if denied? TO button disappeared and can now access lionpath but nothing in communications tab yet

That means you have been accepted! Congrats! If you are in lion path, go to the the communications page and the letter should be in there within a couple of hours or so. In the letter, you’ll find out the details of your admission - which campus, summer or fall, etc.

2 Likes

Very typical for Penn State. The vast majority of students get no financial aid. They also don’t care a whole lot about legacy as far as admission goes (although it is “slightly” considered), and they certainly don’t care when it comes to financial aid. I’m saying this as a parent with three kids who went through with both parents as alumni.

2 Likes

Got my financial aid as-well, just a loan…

1 Like

Sorry, what’s lionpath? I’ve only heard about the mypennstate website

This is the link to lion path. Apparently decisions typically post there before the regular portal.
You only get access to lionpath after the TO button disappears. The link is https://lionpathsupport.psu.edu/

3 Likes

Did your TO buttons just disappear this evening?

1 Like

which TO button are you talking about? or where would I find that

Oh ok I found what you guys were talking about. Got admitted!! Thanks for all your help while I panicked!

4 Likes

My son did not get accepted at UP campus; Altoona instead. Is it too late to change major and ask to be reconsidered? is there a formal process for doing this? Thanks for any info you have.

Did you get an email about your financial aid?

Daughter admitted to Bellisario College for the fall. Film Production major. She is very excited. If I didn’t follow CC, would have had no idea that there was a decision or how to find it.