Penn State Early Action for Fall 2024 Admissions

Does anyone know about the direct entry Nursing program on main campus—stats needed/acceptance rates, do they waitlist, etc.? Thanks for any info!

2 Likes

Freshman Direct Admit Nursing for my Son in Nov 2021, BSN Class of 2026.
About 3800 Applied, about 260 Accepted.
He was also selected for the Naval ROTC Scholarship - Nurse Option
OOS Florida
SAT 1340
GPA Weighted 4.6
AP Chemistry
HOWEVER, did NOT take AP Calculus or AP Physics. He took Duel Enrollment Statistics and Anatomy & Physiology I. Which are required for the BSN. We feel those 2 courses were KEY in putting him over the top.

1 Like

AND was accepted on Dec 3, 2021.

Thanks for the info and congrats to your son!

He ended up NOT going to PSU and stayed in Florida.
However, that will not be the case with my other son.
Patiently waiting for acceptance to the College of Engineering Class of 2028.

1 Like

I saw that the Common Data Set says that extracurricular activities and work history are not considered. If a person decides not to submit test scores, does anyone know if those things are then looked at?

1 Like

Our PSU recruiter told us straight up “SUBMIT TEST SCORES”. She went on to say TO is a “touchy-feely” attitude and is designed to be more inclusive. Additionally, she told us PSU will NOT be TO come next year for Fall 2025 applicants,

2 Likes

Her concern is that she has a 30 ACT score and it is in the middle of the 50% range, but I have been told that most people are in the upper part of that range and it might hurt her if she is competing with the higher scores that are being submitted.

3 Likes

Thank you for this information @jimdlt1 ! My S25 will be applying next year. Good to know

1 Like

What major is she applying for?

(That could make a difference)

1 Like

Education, either elementary ed or special ed. She’s not sure.

1 Like

I think you are fine then.

2 Likes

If activities/x curriculars are not considered, then why does PSU ask for that info on their app? Not talking about the common app, but Penn States app.

Hi!! I’m worried about getting into UP. Gpa is approx 3.6 weighted. 10 Honors, 4 APs. A lot of volunteer work and founder of a research project, etc. No test scores. Applied summer session and EA. Intended major would be international politics. What are my odds? I applied on September 25th, when will I get my decision back?

1 Like

About same gpa, TO here with around same rigor. Applied Aug 1. Keep me posted with ur results !!! Crossing fingers-applied business school with an alumni dad :slight_smile:

My daughter really wants to get into Main Campus. Would like to apply Environmental Engineering.
Weighted GPA: 4.2
4 AP classes
4 Dual Enrollment Classes
Many honors classes.
She is not submitting test scores.
Should she apply engineering or something else to help her chances of getting in?

What does TO mean lol

1 Like

Test Optional

1 Like

I will! Good luck

International Politics is in the school of Liberal Arts which is generally less competitive for admissions compared to Engineering and Business. A 3.6 would put you right around the average GPA for accepted students. If you put summer option, I think you have a good chance of getting accepted.

2 Likes