Penn State Vs. Purdue, interested in Math

<p>Dear CC community,
I'm an international freshman applicant trying to decide on a offer (Spring admission/waitlist for fall) for Purdue or an offer from Penn State (Greater Allegheny, 2+2).</p>

<p>I am undeclared, but interested in studying math-related.. probably try out practical math, actuarial science, etc. I would rather start in autumn, but I am willing to make the sacrifice of starting in spring if it means a better 4 year experience and degree.</p>

<p>What do you think about these schools?
Any input would be great, thanks! Got to decide soon..</p>

<hr>

<p>Key words: (since post would only allow 2 tags below, rather than 25 it claimed)
Penn State, Purdue, PSU, Undergrad, Math, Purdue University, Penn State University, Greater Allegheny, Pennsylvania, Indiana, international, thank you</p>

<p>really purdue much better for math esp applied math,operations research,statistics
i gt acceptance from both pu and psu and i am goin to purdue this fall to study applied math and stat:) gd luck wid ur waitlist but if u get a chance do go to purdue</p>

<p>@rdugar‌, wow, Purdue sounds really strong in math! But actually I still want to ask how is it compared with UCSan Diego and University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign? :)</p>