People who have been accepted to ivys - help a brotha out and post your stats!

<p>It's really hard to find stats of African Americans who have been acceptd into Ivy League schools. Could those of you who have, or know people who have, post their stats here?</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/1540284-prior-years-college-admission-results-aa-students.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/1540284-prior-years-college-admission-results-aa-students.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>My D got a 2250 SAT, subjects tests-2 were over 700, 1 was a 625. 4.0 GPA unweighted and 5.2 GPA weighted. Many ECs and many leadership positions, recognitions and awards.</p>

<p>I’m not reluctant to put these up here but I’d be reluctant to say that these mean anything to anyone but her.</p>

<p>Attending an Ivy is prestigious but it’s not a replacement for drive and passion and intelligence. Aspire to always do your best and don’t get wrapped around the axle of whether or not an Ivy will accept you. And don’t rely on a two-tiered system working to your advantage-one where one group must perform better to get the same thing as another group. There are no tiers in life-you either win or lose, make it or don’t make it.</p>

<p>2130 SAT, 770 BioM, 740 Lit, 730 MathII, 4.0 uwgpa, 3/465 rank. Many ECs and leadership positions. Accepted ED to Princeton through QuestBridge for the class of 2018. (THIS YEAR!!! :D)</p>

<p>Congratulations The84th!</p>

<p>Decision: Matched (Questbridge)</p>

<p>College Match School: Brown University</p>

<p>Objective:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I (breakdown): (Superscore: 1930) CR:630 M:650 W:650
[</em>] ACT: N/A
[<em>] SAT II: Hadn’t taken at the time of admission.
[</em>] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.83; 96.2%
[<em>] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 5/389
[</em>] AP (place score in parenthesis): World History (4), Biology (4), Statistics (4), Physics B (3), Language & Composition (3)
[<em>] IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
[</em>] Senior Year Course Load: AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Literature & Composition, AP Calculus BC, AP Macroeconomics/American Government, Honors French III
[<em>] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel ec.): Georgia Certificate of Merit, AP Scholar with Honor
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Student Council (President), Science Olympiad (Vice President), Beta Club (Officer), National Honors Society, Academic Team, Senior Board, and some others.
[<em>] Job/Work Experience: Bagger and Cashier at a grocery store for one and a half years.
[</em>] Volunteer/Community service: Various little things, like cleaning up in parks.
[<em>] Summer Activities: Duke TIP Summer Institutes, work
[</em>] Essays: Main QB/Common App Essay: 8/10. I wrote this one about the struggle my mother and I have experienced together. Brown Supplements: 10/10. I’ll talk about these one below.
[<em>] Teacher Recommendations: I read one from my French teacher, and it was really good. I also got my Junior LA teacher who loves me to write my rec, so I’m pretty sure that one was outstanding.
[</em>] Counselor Rec:My counselor knows me pretty well, so I’m pretty sure it was a good one. But it was probably a little on the generic side.
[<em>] State (if domestic applicant): GA
[</em>] School Type: Suburban public high school
[<em>] Ethnicity: African American
[</em>] Gender: Male
[<em>] Income Bracket: <$28,000; single parent household
[</em>] Assets: $0
[<em>] Property: I guess our house?
[</em>] Extenuating Circumstances: N/A
[<em>] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): URM, single parent household
[/ul]Reflection[ul][</em>] Strengths: Definitely the essays.[<em>] Weaknesses: SAT score[</em>] Why you think you were chosen/not chosen for the match: I honestly think I was chosen because of my Why Brown essay. The conventional approach is usually to talk about the Open Curriculum. Knowing this, I did some outside research, and I probably had an extremely different answer from what a lot of others applying to Brown usually write. And I truly believe that my unique answer put me over the edge.
[/ul]General Comments: Believe in yourself you guys! I really thought I had absolutely no chance of getting into any of my partner schools, but I’m so glad I ended up getting into Brown.</p>

<p>Hello I am totally new here. Sorry to bother you but I would like to know how to post something.
thanks</p>

<p>^ Here you go!
[College</a> Confidential - FAQ: Board FAQ](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_reading_posting]College”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_vb3_reading_posting)</p>

<p>Big Congrats Overachiever!!!</p>

<p>Thanks @learninginprog!!!</p>

<p>Thank you man ( Or woman)</p>