Pepperdine Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Pepperdine Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 15

Has anyone heard about any merrit-based scholarships yet?

Just got an email saying there is another delay on merit scholarships, and now they are expected by Feb. 15th. :frowning:

Just received notification of Regents Scholarship.

Congratulations! My daughter did too, but it came with only a $20,000 scholarship. We had read elsewhere that it’s traditionally $30,000. I wonder if they created different scholarship tiers this year.

Thank You! Congrats to you as well. We got $20,000 as well.

Just to clarify, did you get the Regent Scholarship and it was only for 20k a year? On their website they used to say 10% of kids will get Regent Scholarship, now it says 8-10% will get it. And it has always been at least 30k a year, so curious if they dropped it to 20k a year now for some. And finally, the price went up almost 10K!! a year. With books/etc… they say about 94k a year. It was steadily going up 5k a year which is crazy. But to cut back on scholarships and then make tuition go up 10k? Wow. If they have in fact cut back some on merit, with these new prices, guessing will give pause to some people to attend. Basically it will be about 400k for someone to attend Pepperdine over the next 4 years.

I actually just heard from Pepperdine that for the first time, the Regent Scholarship was 20k this year, and not 30k like years past.

1 Like

Did they give any reason why? I am seeing $20K in some other university searches also so wondering if it is a universal drop in $$$

1 Like

We aren’t sure why they dropped the scholarship amount. The only thing we can think of is they just bought a very expensive place in Switzerland for the overseas college. They also are building a huge new building on campus. So maybe the combination of the two has caused them to need more money?? Not sure. But for tuition to go up 10k in one year (which most similar colleges go up maybe 2 or 3k a year), then give out their best scholarship to less kids then they used to, and make it 10k less than in the past?? Our oldest is there now, but this has priced us out of sending our youngest I think. It will literally be $400,000 to send her for 4 years. That’s crazy.

Just to give a comparison. Our youngest got 22k a year (88k total) from Baylor and something close to 80k I think from TCU. And their prices went up maybe 2 to 3k a year.

1 Like

Any idea on the RD decision date?

1 Like

Been searching everywhere for that as well!

Just got an email. Waitlisted for CS

Do they state the decision in email or portal?

My son got a decision notification in his email, but I have to wait until he is home so he can check it.

Email first, then checked portal.

1 Like

waitlisted, honestly surprised

Accepted. They said they picked 895 out of over 13,000. I’m not sure if that was for his major or school wide.

2 Likes

Surprised in a good way or was sure it would be an acceptance?

Son just got the email and got in. Anyone know when they send financial aid package?

3 Likes