Pepperdine Class of 2027 Official Thread

I asked mom of a current student that got a scholarship. She said around April 1st is what she remembers.

2 Likes

Congrats! Did it state if those numbers were for RD-only or they include EA as well?

Appreciate the info!!

2 Likes

They did not specify if it was just RD, but I’m assuming it did not include early admits because that is an unusually low admit rate for Pepperdine.

Likely, the RD acceptance is 895 and the total number of RD & EA applicants is 13k.

We got a regents scholarship email today. It is $20,000.

Does anyone know when or/if they might start accepting from the Wait List?

I apologize up front – a bit off topic but related to making your college decision perhaps. (Other threads pertaining to this have been closed. Perhaps I’ll start a new one, too). Students at Pepperdine are saying some of the GE (General Education) course requirements have been modified starting Fall 2023 as part of strategic plan they’ve had to revamp the GE program. This should be a welcome update for many, as more choice will be given to students as to what they can take. Please contact the university for details if this is important to you, as I do not know if the full GE strategic plan is being implemented just yet or only part of it.

I apologize as it’s a bit off topic but related to admission,

My daughter is waitlisted. What’s the possibility of getting out of that list? Any comment or advices are welcome!

Waitlisted at Pepperdine

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist?

Just now my son got an email from admissions asking him to re-confirm his desire to be on the waitlist. I guess they are weeding people off who are no longer interested. WL decisions will come out after May 1.

1 Like

My daughter also received that letter. I hope it means there might be some waitlist movement. Any thoughts??

My son just texted me that he got in off the waitlist for Computer Science…No word on any financial aid… Email said there were 13,500 applicants for 895 spots this year.

My daughter got the same email. Stated she can expect to be emailed about all forms of financial assistance and scholarships by May 1. Hoping for some merit. We were planning on OOS tuition (to the college she was to commit to) but this is pretty steep. She almost committed last night - now we have some thinking to do…… congrats to your son. Will he commit?

Most likely not. He’s already committed to another school, but we have 2 more waitlists still pending which may change that. Pepperdine is way too steep, though, you’re right.

Can I ask what your child’s stats are, and congrats!! My oldest daughter got the regent scholarship a couple years ago and it was a big help. However, they lowered it this year from 30k a year to 20k a year. That, and the fact they raised the total cost by 10k makes it a tough decision.

He has very high stats.
4.0 UW/4.3 or 4.4 W
1570 SAT
Some good ECs including Eagle Scout, but nothing crazy.
It was only $20,000 and the he got an extra $5,000 George Pepperdine Scholarship.

Pepperdine is a special place. Doesn’t look like he is going to commit though.

Have you received aid package?

You seem very versed in P’s scholarships. We toured last year and our guide stated over 90% received aid. My daughter was taken off the waitlist. We have not received her aid package yet, but was told directly from the financial office that scholarships and grants had already been given out and that she should start applying to outside scholarships. Basically nothing left to give out.

I am in shock by this news. P is my daughter’s number 1 choice but it will not be feasible at the prices they are charging. Have you heard of them expecting families to pay full sticker price??? She has scholarships from other schools.