Personal Statement 1 Question

<p>Hey everybody,
I’ve been having a lot of trouble thinking of what to write my first personal statement about. It’s the one about describing the world you come from and how it has shaped your dreams and aspirations. I was wondering if you guys think it’d be acceptable to write about my realization of wanting to pursue a career in relating to business, more specifically accounting. I plan to talk about how my exposure to business in my classes got me involved in DECA (association of business students). Anyways, I’m just looking for some confirmation that this addresses the prompt correctly before I start writing. Thanks a lot guys.</p>

<p>as long as you pull this off as a description of who you are, where you come from, and that all in relation to your major- youre all set to go!</p>

<p>its pretty smart too that you are talking about your career and major. its what many UC’s prefer to see so thumbs up there</p>

<p>the thing i dont like is “realization” when you say realization it means experience to me. and that is what the second prompt is about. now i also had a “realization” but that was through my dad, which shows the world around me- influencing me.</p>

<p>thanks a lot! maybe i’ll leave the ‘realization’ part out because i understand your point. i guess i’ll start writing and we’ll see where this goes :P</p>