Personal statement Prompt #2 clarification please?

<p>So this is UC Prompt #2…</p>

<p>Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud, and how does it relate to the person you are?</p>

<p>Can I talk about a challenge that I overcame in the above prompt?^</p>

<p>It depends, but I think that in most cases you could frame it as an accomplishment or experience. As long as you can tie into who you are, you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>yep… hes right.
for prompt 2… i wrote my experience on public speaking, how i was a shy boy, and then how i just changed and i go into detail about the experience from changing.
i got this from Ms. Sun’s website (she’s an active user on CC too, so all credit goes to her!"</p>

<p>"Prompt 2 for All Applicants</p>

<p>Prompt 2 is a way for you to showcase something about yourself that makes you stand out from your peers. You can do that by discussing a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience (pq/t/a/c/e for short). Make sure you cover 1) why this pq/t/a/c/e is important to you, 2) why you are proud of this pq/t/a/c/e, and 3) what the pq/t/a/c/e says about you as an individual. You may also consider discussing how this pq/t/a/c/e will help you succeed in college. Again, the main focus of your essay should be on YOU; what makes you different from other applicants, who you are as a person (beyond your grades and test scores), and what interests you have. You can also think of Prompt 2 as a commercial spot for yourself. What would be the theme of the commercial? What clips from your life would be featured in the commercial?"</p>