Personal Statment (transfer applicant)

<p>I applied to Tech last year but didn't get in because I didn't have enough freshman level of English, Math and Science.</p>

<p>After I got denied from VTech, I have completed freshman level of Enlish and somewhat Math. However, I found out that Math wasn't really required by major I am applying for so I am good on that one. But, as far as Science...I have not taken any Science at my current school, (community college), and I am afraid if this will affect my application again...</p>

<p>As I was filling out my application, one of the personal statment I saw was...</p>

<p>[ If there is something you think would be beneficial for the Admissions Committee to know as we review your academic history, please take this opportunity to explain.]</p>

<p>Do you think I can explian to them why I haven't taken any science??
(the only reason I didn't take any science was because it was required in my curriculum to graduate with degree I'm studying right now. On top of that, I just could not fit science class into my schedule as I was taking courses trying to graduate by this May) I also would like to let them know that I am willing to take freshman level of science during summer even though I am done this semester in my current school. Please help. thanks!</p>

<p>It wouldn’t hurt to mention this in your essay. You can’t truly know if this will hurt your chances of getting in because obviously no one knows what goes on the minds of those admissions directors. Sure, your situation might raise a couple of eyebrows, but if you explain your situation clearly, I’m sure they will understand. On the plus side you are graduating which might even out your worries.</p>

<p>If you decide on writing about your issue with science classes, make sure you are crystal clear and confident in your writing. Explain your reasons really carefully… Good Luck</p>