<p>Chance for petro eng 1st, business 2nd please</p>

<p>22% from plano east
SAT
M: 640
W: 730
R: 790
Took the highest classes available every year (about 12 AP classes total)</p>

<p>ECs are probably the strongest part of my app
Placed in 2 international science competitions (isef, isweeep)
nmsf
over 300 hours of community service
summer job interning at utd
other good stuff</p>

<p>I'm great at writing so I expect my essays to be excellent; writing the optional essay and sending in an additional paper copy of my resume</p>

<p>Since I am an automatic admit, if I don't make it into my first or 2nd college, am I rejected altogether from the college or do I get in undeclared like it happens at UT for the top 8 percent?</p>

<p>I think Mays Business college is one that if you put it as second choice you will not get Business college. There are several colleges that are that way (architecture is another)</p>

<p>thanks very much for that information, in that case I will put geology as my 2nd choice major. does anyone have any input on how likely I am for petroleum engineering 1st choice?</p>

<p>I believe if you don’t get your 1st or second choice you go into General Studies. I believe you will def get Geology and stand a good chance at PetE. Your EC’s are great, A&M loves community service. Wish your Math was in the 700’s too, but you do meet the standards for Engineering. Your 22% class rank may be your downfall for engineering.
Have you visited the Petrolium Engineering College at A&M? That would be a big plus for you. Visitited one of the prospective student centers? All of these things show you are seriously interested in A&M and do help.</p>

<p>I think you will get into A&M. Petroleum Engineering? Nobody really knows that except for the petro department. You definitely have the stats to get admitted into the school, obviously. (auto-admit) But will you get into Petroleum Engineering? That depends on the spots available in Fall 2011.</p>

<p>We are in about the same position (i’m doing Petroleum Engineering also), but it all depends on if we applied earlier enough. The requirements for Engineering are in another thread but i can’t find it right now. If someone could find it, that would help. But anyways, you are admitted to A&M Engineering so long as you meet the 550 math SAT minimum and so long as their is space in your major. </p>

<p>Just hope you submitted your application early enough to reserve yourself a spot!
It is good to find another Petro Eng major like myself and good luck to you!</p>

<p>Thanks both of you. Wow is that really all there is to it if you are an auto-admit? I’m rather shocked, :frowning: i sent in my application just yesterday and now I’m anxious to know whether there will still be space.</p>

<p>Yes I am too haha! What other schools are you looking at as a backup for petroleum engineering?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>so how can TAMU have such a well-respected engineering department when these are the criteria to get in?</p>

<p>you look at the criteria to get into any other highly ranked engineering program and it is wayyyy harder than that. Theoretically someone in the 24%ile at a crappy high school with a 550 SAT math score could get into one of the less popular TAMU engineering disciplines. Wow</p>

<p>It takes 24th percentile and a 1300 CR + M (600 on both at least) to even be admitted to A&M automatically and then into Engineering. If you are admitted as a review admit then you will need a 550+ on math to make it into Engineering, if I wasn’t mistaken.</p>

<p>If anyone was wondering, accepted 1st choice today</p>

<p>Congrats to you!</p>

<p>awesome…</p>

<p>Congrats, and minimum requirements does not mean that they’ll accept you just because you pass the minimum. Take your ■■■■■■■■ elsewhere wolfram.</p>

<p>There’s also more than 11,000 engineering students at TAMU. Someone is bound to be a good engineer out of 11,000 people.</p>