pharmaceutical sciences in purdue?

<p>does anybody know about pharmaceutice sciences in purdue?
like the overall program, how regorous it is..
i wonder if i can apply to pharmacy afterward...
i feel like i should have applied w/ prepharmacy.
also, hows job placement ?</p>

<p>Depends on what you would like to do. Purdue is a big name for industrial and physical pharmacy. Students are heavily recruited from the midwest schools because there are no ivies for this area specifically, although a PhD is pretty much required to assume a research scientist position in industry. I recently applied for my PhD at Purdue. truth is, applying to pharmacy afterwards would be pointless, what is your career goal? if it is research based, then the PhD should be your endpoint. If you are talking about the BSPS at Purdue I just completed my BSPS from Wilkes. The focus of the major is primarily to remain in the research arena, and not go into pharmacy. It is more rigorous than pre-pharmacy because at least at our school we took more physical sciences and math.</p>

<p>If you want to be a pharmacist, you should have went Pre-Pharmacy, not Pre-Pharmaceutical Sciences. I met with someone from pharmacy when I went to learn about Pharmaceutical Sciences and to get to the third and fourth years program, you need a 3.0 GPA and no more than 3 C’s, I think. Or something like that. The lady told me that 23 students advanced onto the third and fourth years, but that’s only the amount that applied. Basically, just meet the criteria for that and you don’t waste two years of your life. </p>

<p>And like Bludwarf said, Pharmaceutical Sciences sets you up for grad or med school with a PhD or MD as your end point.</p>