Phase I Housing Application

I’m sorry if this topic has been asked before. What is the advantage of paying $75 for phase I application? Does it guarantee you a spot? My son is admitted with engineering review but they already asked us to do the next step which is apply for housing. What if he doesn’t get into Engineering? Thanks.

@icedmachiato
The Phase 1 housing application and fee reserves the spot to be able to select a Dorm and Room when housing selection opens in May 2020.
TAMU issues timeslots to select housing, and the timeslots are based on when you submitted the Phase 1 application. So the sooner you submit the housing application, the earlier the timeslot will be.
If your son ended up deciding not to attend A&M, you would just cancel the housing and be out the $75 deposit.

Thank you!

My son got accepted to Engineering and was sent the Tamu RESlife link to start the housing process. We followed the instructions and were directed to the page that we needed to start the Housing Application. At the end of the process, we were supposed to sign a Housing contract but we backed out because it looked like a binding contract. I’d thought that we’d only pay the $75 deposit…

For those who have completed Phase 1 process, did you have to sign something similar?

Thank you.

We did Phase 1 last night. I believe the contract says you can cancel, but you lose the $75 deposit. When you complete Phase 1, you will be assigned a specific date and time (to the minute), as to when Phase 2 opens for you.

@2020Outlook. Thank you!