Philly Area reception last night

<p>We went to the Philly reception last night. It was so much better attended than we were expecting - there were probably 150-200 people there! They needed to bring in extra chairs and it was still standing room only. We were a little disappointed that Dean Karr was not the speaker after hearing so many wonderful things about him. The speaker was Dr. Whitaker, who was okay but not fantastic. He was kind of “forced”, didn’t seem like a very natural public speaker. The student speaker was very good, though, and his mother was also good. I guess we had high expectations after how blown away we were by our campus visit - if this had been our first contact with UA, I’m not sure whether we would have pursued it further or not. Although it is also possible that I have become “jaded” since we already know everything they discussed last night. :)</p>

<p>Anyway, my kids loved the free t-shirt and key ring lanyard, and the food was good, so still a worthwhile trip! Hopefully other people were impressed enough that the enrollment from this area will increase.</p>

<p>We didn’t know anything about it! DS would have gone if he know. DH enjoys the freebies and would love a key ring,</p>

<p>So happy to hear it was well attended. Even without the generous scholarships, I believe it is a great value when compared to the cost of our regional colleges.</p>