Phone Call From UA

<p>Before anyone panics when you see UA on your caller ID, students are calling from the Parent Association asking how your student is liking UA, if you heard about the Parent Association at Bama Bound and if you’d like to donate to the Parent Association.</p>

<p>All I got was “this is the University of Alabama…D’s name” and hung up. Tried calling back that number and no one answered. Couldn’t reach my D…longest 10 minutes of my life.</p>

<p>When they ask to speak to the parents of… not a good feeling!</p>

<p>Funny - my assumption when I saw U of A on the caller ID was that they were going to ask for a donation. The thought that there was an issue with my D never even occurred to me. This is probably a reflection on the type of phone calls I typically get.</p>

<p>I didn’t think that anything was wrong until they asked to speak to a parent of…
Then I got worried. </p>

<p>First thing I thought when I saw the name on the caller ID was that my son had already lost his cell and was calling from a school phone to let me know the phone was gone.</p>

<p>beth’s mom, I thought it was too early for the donation calls. Obviously I was wrong!</p>

<p>I also didn’t think that anything was wrong when I answered the call but when they mentioned my D’s name and then hang up…well sorry but I’m not used to these types of calls.</p>