Phone Service?

<p>what service should i take? cingular? verizon?</p>

<p>verizons the best in the US</p>

<p>not really.. all areas matter.. in my town cingular and verizon is good...</p>

<p>Son has Verizon and gets reception everywhere on campus, even in his apartment building and last year in the dorm room.</p>

<p>thanks. im asking this for my friend who's going to join spring 2007. i guess ill ask him to get VERIZON or maybe cingular.</p>

<p>Most of my friends here use Cingular, while I use T-Mobile. Haven't gotten into any problems so far.</p>

<p>I switched to Sprint when my son went off to college. Why? Sprint will allow each phone on the family plan to have a telephone number local to wherever the customer specifies. Verizon and Cingular will only permit numbers local to the region in which the plan purchaser resides. So if your child goes to college far from home and your carrier is Verizon or Cingular, everyone who calls him from college via a land line will have to make a long distance call. However, if your carrier is Sprint, your cellphone can have a number local to NYC, while your child's is local to LA. Calls from campus landlines (or restaurants verifying take-out orders), will be local. I have no financial interest in Sprint, just discovered this oddity when researching cell phones.</p>