Physical rehab services around campus

<p>Hoping our great group might have some insight. D1 is having another knee surgery in early August. It shouldn’t be a big deal & since she has 5 rounds of knee rehab under her belt she knows the exercises pretty well. We’re all thinking that using the rec facilities should be fine, but just in case…has anyone had to use physical therapy services while on campus? Any recommendations? Thanks!</p>

<p>I remember on of the parents whose child runs mentioned using one on another thread. I don’t remember who it was.</p>

<p>I located the earlier thread mentioning physical therapy services. Whitlo’s D was the one mentioned who had a similar issue. Hopefully this will be helpful.</p>

<p>You guys have way better memories than me! My daughter worked with a PT named David Breedlove for a torn psoas muscle this winter. She went 2-3 times a week for 4 weeks and had excellent results – back to pain-free running and strong run splits in her last 2 triathlons. I got the referral from Dr. Sharpe because this PT had worked with some of the other Honors College runners. His phone is (205) 752-2266. We were able to use our regular insurance with no problems (she had a copy of our insurance card for emergencies) and they accepted her referral from her Atlanta sports med doctor without question. If for any reason he doesn’t work out, Dr. Sharpe also recommended another local PT named Dustin Clary.</p>

<p>Thanks Bamagirls for the research & to Whitlo for the info :)</p>

<p>Whitlo: do you know how close to campus they both were? Thanks!</p>

<p>Breedlove’s office is on Skyland Drive near Walmart. Since D had a car, this worked for her although at 3 times a week it was a little hard to squeeze in appointments and travel time between classes. I looked up Dustin Clary and his address is listed as being on McFarland Blvd. North.</p>

<p>Thanks WhitLo!</p>