Physics 105 Schedule Question

<p>Looking at PHY105, Sec 2, CRN 41774. Wondering if the Friday hours are a testing time or regular class or lab time. Any way to know?</p>

<p>The Friday session is reserved for recitation and tests. The lecture and labs are integrated in the M and W sessions.</p>

<p>I had to Google to see what a recitation was. I read it as a small group where the students can ask questions of what was covered during the lectures. Is this correct? Would these happen every week or just when a prof decided they were necessary?</p>

<p>^^^
Depends on subject/prof.</p>

<p>Some classes have PhD students at the recitations to tutor or clarify anything the students don’t understand.</p>

<p>When I took 105, we often got out early on Friday, but you could stick around to talk to the TA about homework if you wanted. Profs use it mainly for quizzes and questions. More often than not, you will have it (along with clicker question quizzes), but sometimes depending on the prof it does get canceled.</p>

<p>When son and his friends took the Physics on Friday, they always had class, even before holidays. I know this because we would pick them up outside of Galalee when visiting for the weekend or bringing them home for break. The boys did not want to miss class because there were usually clicker quizzes, which counted as a grade, and they needed all the help they could get!</p>