Physics 8A with Chem 1A/AL and Physics 8B with Bio 1A/AL?

I am going into my second semester of freshman year and vet school requires that I take 2 years of general chem and 2 years of general physics so I am trying to fit it all into my schedule. I have never taken physics and chem was horrid for me but I am willing to put in the work. Should I take chem 1A/AL with physics 8A and Bio 1A/1AL with physics 8B? And does anyone know if winter courses are accepted by vet school? I might just take physics at community college during the winter and summer.

Have you made an appointment with UCB Pre-Health Advising office? They can help you decide the best courses to take and when.

According to the information posted, you only need 2 semesters of Physics not 2 years.

I would suggest you contact your vet school of choice, UC Davis? and ask them what they like to see. Most are very helpful!

2 Likes

Oops my mistake, I meant two semesters

I do know my son (now 4th year vet student) HATED physics in high school. He ended up with As in both semesters in college, ended up as an LA (undergrad TA) and did well taking it with Chem. So, it is very doable. He found that using YouTube videos helped him a lot!