Physics at VTech

<p>I'd appreciate it if any physics major people can talk about physics dept in VTech.</p>

<p>For example, talk about experiences, what to expect, difficulty of physics classes, course description, general impression, etc.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I love VT probably more than anyone here, but I can't in good faith recommend anyone come here for physics. The professors are terrible. We almost lost accreditation in physics not that long ago.</p>

<p>Chuy, thanks for the info, but what do you exactly mean by losing accreditation? So, does it mean that the dept doesn't really have good courses or professors? Can you little more elaborate on that? Thanks</p>

<p>It's really that bad?</p>

<p>I was actually considering minoring in physics at VT, but now I'm not so sure...</p>

<p>fiN, take a class in physics taught by anyone other than Chang and then decide if you want to put up with it. The professors are extremely hard to understand and not responsive to students.</p>

<p>But as an MSE student don't you have to take a lot of physics anyway?</p>

<p>Chuy, do you mean Chang is the one who is not understandable or the other professors? For me, I really want to learn physics, especially in theoretical part, not research oriented. Would you, in good faith, recommend VT for learning undergraduate academics of physics for solid foundation to go on to better grad school? Or would it be a waste to even go there for physics? I know VT is considered quite good for engineering, but I'm not really into engineering and I want to learn pure physics. So, chuy, can you ask one of your friends of physics or engineer major who take classes of intro, intermed, advanced courses to advise me?</p>

<p>i have Chang and he is the bestttttt</p>

<p>lol, so are you physics major? [I didn't lol as an insult; I just thought the way you expressed about your best prof was funny; I'm sorry if you felt insulted; so, no mean to harm]. Then maybe I made a wrong guess. But why is chuy saying VT physics and Chang is not good? And if you're physics major, talk about your experience, even if you're engi. major.
Thanks</p>

<p>Chuy was saying Chang was the only good one. I've noticed alot of the physics and math teachers are from other countries so they can have thick accents, which isn't a problem for me but for some other people it is. I also heard that alot of the professors are more concerned with their research or their own work so they don't help out that much. You could look up the physics department professors on ratemyprofessors.com and see the comments on the teachers.</p>