PITT nursing

Hi guys! Wondering if we should bother taking our Junior daughter to see Pitt’s nursing program. She loves Case Western’s nursing program, so Pitt seems like the right next visit. I think she’d have a solid shot admissions-wise:

1450 SAT
4.3 GPA (but oh my… I think AP Calc is going to be a bear this year:) )

Our concern is that we are OOS and she might not quite make the cut for scholarships? We’d appreciate any calibration folks could provide? She is our first of seven, so we are super green in this process!

I don’t know about Pitt, but Penn State says they provide NO admissions preference for PA. residents. Both universities have been increasing their OOS ratio, which provides higher revenue to them. Pitt and Penn State are both operated in a manner that is mostly independent from the state, so they can set their own policies.

In the past, Pitt has targeted top out of state students for merit aid to make it affordable to them. I believe the earlier you apply, the more likely you are to get merit aid from Pitt. As of a few years ago, Pitt had a quick turn-around for acceptances.

@sevenbabies I have a sophomore in the nursing program at Pitt. The application is painless and the turn around is quick. Merit does seem to have gotten more competitive, but it doesn’t hurt to apply and keep your options open.