Placement exam

<p>What happens if you do really bad on teh placement exam?</p>

<p>doesn't matter. i didn't know you had to study for the com 114 test out and failed it and nothing happened.</p>

<p>actually from what i've heard from my friends. test outs are pretty easy, and i can attest to this. i missed testing out of com 114 by one question i didn't even know that you HAD to study. if you took the ap version of the class in hs and feel that your grasp on the material is strong, but didn't take the ap test or whatever TAKE THE TEST OUT. this will benefit you in some ways that i find funny. for example in chemistry, you will receive honors cred for 123/124 if you take the purdue test-out even though from what i've heard the test out is much easier than the ap. i didn't test out of anything because i felt really comfortable about my ap's, so its really up to you</p>

<p>Do we really have to take placement exams??? a ( assuming we want the lowest level of each class)</p>

<p>Yes. I just got back from DOC and they make you take the tests if you haven't done so already. It really saves time and energy on both sides if you just do them in advance.</p>

<p>Plus, the only people to see them are going to be you, maybe your parents, and the academic advisor. You've got nothing to lose.</p>

<p>Don't confuse the online tests (that you HAVE to take) with the tests administered during Day on Campus. Perhaps none of you are but I thought I should mention this. During Day on Campus my son only took one test, a 20 minute foreign language exam at the urging of his advisor. Glad we did, he got 9 college credits for his answers :) He didn't have time to take any other tests so he's going to wait and see what he gets on his aP tests. Perhaps he'll take some placement exams during Boiler Gold Rush if he doesn't like his scores.</p>

<p>besides you can always test out even when you're in school. for example i just finished my freshman year and i'm testing out of physics 261 and MA 265</p>