Placement Exams

<p>Do you have to take them? If so, for what subjects?</p>

<p>Also, can you take them at the UC closest to you or do you have to go to the UC you’re planning to attend?</p>

<p>Each UC campus will have its own placement exams and you will need to complete them at the campus you choose to attend. The only exception is the Analytical Writing Placement Exam (AWPE) which is not really a placement exam. This exam is another way to satisfy the Entry Level Writing Requirement (ELWR). For the other options please <a href="http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/educators/counselors/adminfo/freshman/advising/other/writing.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/educators/counselors/adminfo/freshman/advising/other/writing.html&lt;/a>. This exam is usually offered at a local location for the student. If you were admitted to any UC school expect information about this soon but, note all the other ways to satisfy the requirement.</p>

<p>I have a question regarding the Analytical Writing Placement Exam. One of the options to satisfy the requirement is a 680 on the SAT reasoning. I have a 690 but it is included in the test that I didn't receive the highest total score on. Is there a way that I can use that score to satisfy the requirement or do I have to take the writing exam?</p>

<p>Is this writing exam difficult? I got a 10 on the writing question on the SAT. Is this something that I should breeze through? Haha, i'm probably over-reacting. Forget I said anything -.-</p>

<p>Thanks UCD Admissions. I got the email today on the writing placement exam. I'm wondering if it can be taken at a different time. It takes place in L.A. at 9 a.m. on a Sat. (May 12th) and I have a morning community college class that starts at 9 that I can't really miss, since I'm going to miss one Sat. going up to Cal Day. Shoot.</p>

<p>I got an email about the writing test today.</p>

<p>Me too, signed up as well. Too bad I have to wake up early on that Saturday. Anyone know how long the test is?</p>

<p>Test is two hours according to the site. You may leave if you finish early. You can also cancel your score if you don't feel good about it.There's only one day set for this test (5/12, Sunday is the exception for religious reasons). If you don't take it on 5/12, they suggest you call the UC you've matriculated into and arrange to take it in the beginning of the school year.</p>

<p>anyone get the email while getting over a 680 on the writing section like i did?</p>

<p>i guess i have to call them to clear it up?</p>

<p>hello_there: I recommend contacting the campus you plan on attending. I know for Davis this can become a little tricky.</p>

<p>If you cannot complete the exam on May 12 please contact your campus to see if they will have any additional offerings. At UC Davis we normally will offer the exam again the first week of the quarter.</p>

<p>i am in English AP right now and am planning on taking the AP exam in may. i read on the website for the UC placement exam that even though i will be taking the AP, i have to go take the test. but i also heard that they will offer another testing during the quarter once you're in the UC (i'm going to ucd). can i just blow it off and take the AP test, see if i pass, and take the test in the school year if i didnt?</p>

<p>It is always best to complete the requirement as early as possible. Doing so will make advising and course registration easier. The exam is offered within the first three days of the quarter at Davis. During this time it can become difficult to pass the exam; students seem to be distracted and overwhelmed as incoming students that week. Remember you are still settling into your new place, dormitory or apartment, meeting new people and getting used to the campus. It is best not to add additional tasks to your schedule that week.</p>

<p>Thank you UCD Admissions =]</p>

<p>Anyone know when we get the results?</p>

<p>It said it would take about 4 weeks. So around June 12th probably.</p>

<p>what happens if u dont pass?</p>

<p>do i have to take an extra course at the UC? what is a passing score? 3?</p>

<p>If the requirement is not satisfied by the time you start classes in the fall then yes, I believe there is a course you will need to complete to help in passing the requirement. Of course, you will need to check with your advisers at the campus you choose to attend for more information.</p>

<p>I passed Eng1A already but idk if it's a transferable college course or not. =.= and don't we have to send our college transcript by the testing day? otherwise, we'll hv to take it rite?</p>

<p>Luckily I took APLang year and got a 4, but does anyone know about the math placement test?</p>

<p>Is there any way to check if I have to take AWPE or not?
please let me know if I can check it via calling UCLA, and if then please let me know the number I can call
because I thought I needed to take it but I did not get a mail or an email that says I need to take it when and where
so I assumed that I didn't need to take it but I just wanted to make it clear</p>