Placement test

<p>Hi I am supposed to take the math placement test in 2 days. I went over the sample test and I get most of it, does anybody know how hard the test is? And how did you study?</p>

<p>I am transferring in to UW and in my previous university I took all the math classes right up to Business Calculus(which I haven't taken yet), I am worried I will place low and have to start from the bottom of the math courses again.</p>

<p>Honestly, don’t. Do you have any AP Calc credit coming in? What was your ACT/SAT score in math (I mean, it doesn’t correlate at all, but just to have an idea how well you handle math)? I took it cold, and I’m kind of a jack of all trades guy, where I am pretty much do everything, but I’m not GREAT at any one thing. And I got tested into Calc 211/221. Yes you are right Calc 211 is easier than the prereq algebra classes you need to take before taking 211 (my buddy took some of the perquisite classes before calc, and that type of math seemed way tougher than 211).</p>

<p>Also if you have AP credit for AP Calc AB you will be fine, because that will trump anything you get on the math placement exam.</p>

<p>Yeah, don’t study for it. I am TERRIBLE at math and I filled my QR-A requirement with no studying or AP credit. It’s not hard. It’s also not something to really worry about.</p>

<p>I had a low ACT score. I believe I got a 22 in Math. But like i said earlier I got A’s in all my college math classes right before Business Calculus. Those credits were also accepted by UW so I am not sure why I have to take the placement test. Thanks for the replies guys.</p>

<p>OH if your college credits were accepted then I’m like 99% sure you should be fine then. The placement test is just a formality. Ask an advisor during SOAR just to be sure.</p>

<p>If I already have AP scores for Calculus and English, those will definitely place me rather than the placement tests? I don’t wanna have to study or anything because mine are in July!</p>

<p>yes ap tests trump placement tests. and why would you study anyways? it’s a silly placement test</p>

<p>There are other ways to fill the Quan A requirement. Even if you get a terrible score on the test you can take some easy Comp Sci or Phil class I believe.</p>

<p>Never think any UW class is easy- both comp sci and philosophy courses can be more work than you think, as can most others. Easy/hard can depend on the student- some do math better, others writing…</p>

<p>There are some classes that are kind of jokes, however…that’s just the truth lol.</p>