Placement Test

<p>Does anyone know how VT does placement test? Is it online or do we take it at orientation?</p>

<p>I don't think there are any, you take a standard course lineup unless you test out through AP/IB tests.</p>

<p>esmitty01, when is your orientation. I have not heard anything about placement test, so I told my son to handle the heat or get out of the kitchen.LOL</p>

<p>I have no idea? I feel like i should know by now. I think i have a different one because im in honors.</p>

<p>Yea I am pretty sure that mfh is right. There is no placement test for English. That is unfortunate that you have to take English. I was lucky enough to get it out of the way in high school.</p>

<p>I was mostly wondering about math.</p>

<p>Oh, well i'm 100% sure that my brother didn't have to take a placement test for math. Which class you get depends on your major or intended major if university studies.</p>

<p>So if im in Gen engineeriing, i am guessing that would be calc 1?</p>

<p>Yeah, it should be Calculus 1205 and linear algebra 1114 for your freshman math classes. They are required for engineering and building construction at least. I've heard this calculus class is the harder of the two introduction ones. The easier calculus 1015 is for business and other majors.</p>

<p>The only thing that can get you out of the entry level classes are AP/IB/CLEP credits. The credit values for specific scores and courses you get out of can be found on this website: AP</a>, IB, & CLEP Credit | University Registrar | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>I am positive no placement tests were required last year, the odds of that changing for this year are probably very slim. Although some colleges such as Ag require them.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>