placement tests

<p>which placement tests do u have take at soar?</p>

<p>I believe just Math and English (though one can choose to take other test ie place into a higher language level and what not...)</p>

<p>There are language tests too</p>

<p>place tests?! when? anyways are they difficult?</p>

<p>At SOAR. No pressure.</p>

<p>I have completed three years of spanish in high school, no aps just reg classes. Will i have to take a spanish placement test, if i dont want to take spanish in college?</p>

<p>no....you take the placement test to PLACE you into classes. My friend also took the spanish placement test after 3 years and knew nothing. I've been speaking german all my life so it was a piece of cake for me. I took my placement tests early thats how I know lol</p>

<p>since they dont have a core cirriculum is foreign language required in a major like econ</p>

<p>Yes................................</p>

<p>Are there tests for science subjects like Chem, Physics?</p>

<p>um do people study for these? i haven't taken math in awhile....</p>

<p>hotingszilla - no there isn't but I think thats why some people take the AP tests</p>

<p>frankie - I don't know of anybody that has because the purpose of the tests is to place you into your skill level, ya know?</p>

<p>Well, if you had learnt an advanced topic and had forgotten it due to lack of usage, revise it. Otherwise, you'd be relearning the same stuff again in UW-Mad when you could have just spent several days to prepare for the test.</p>

<p>Hmmm... I don't need anymore math classes... However, what if I totally bomb the placement test (it's been over two years since any type of math), and I want to enroll in a science class that requires placement or credit in math, what will happen? Will my credit in the math classes overrule the poor placement test so I can enroll? </p>

<p>Hm... I feel minor anxiety coming on.</p>