Placement Tests

<p>Anyone now what is going on with the online tests, one calculus and the other is chemistry. I took AP Calulus AB this year so I think ill be fine on that one. As far as the chem one goes, I havent had chem since soph. year. Anyone have any information or study guides for that one? Any imput would be appreciated.</p>

<p>The calculus one isn't actually calculus. It's just stuff that you need to know to be able to do calculus... (simplifying fractions, exponents, trig functions) Basically, if you passed AP Calc, you'll do fine on this one. I got 17/21 the first time and then retook it and got 20/21 (13/21 is passing). </p>

<p>As for chem, I took chem freshman year so it had been a while. I took it cold and got 20/30... not bad I guess. The questions are mainly conceptual. I'd say go for it and do your best. You discuss these tests with your academic advisor to figure your placement in first year classes, so if you do poorly, that's life. Hope that helps</p>

<p>I took the calc test a month ago and i passed it...I took the practice test a few times because I graduated from high school a year and a half ago and I hadn't been in a math class since 1st sem. of sophmore year of high school (so it had been quite some time). Anyway, I'm sure you'll do fine especially if you've had calc. I don't have to take the chem test but my advisor was talking a little about it and said it wasn't bad at all. Anyway, good luck on the tests.</p>

<p>Were any of you able to retake the chemistry one? My S seems to think not.</p>

<p>HI again Tookie. We were going through the DOC stuff yesterday and I was surprised to read you can only take the Chem once. That too, doesn't make sense to me. Oh well, who am I?</p>

<p>this is mainly because the math one sees if your fit to be placed in the first sequence of calculus. the chemistry one i think is merely used to see if your placed in 115/116 or 123/124. besides the chem test is less important imo than the math one. if you do poorly on the math exam, i would have a hard time justifying being an engineering major to begin with. not so with chemistry</p>