Places to Eat

<p>@ Sea_Tide: we didn’t know that about Mugshots. Since I live in the land of every chain restaurant known to man, I assume that if we don’t have one here then it’s “local.” </p>

<p>@aphimommy: a Gigi’s opened in T-Town? Wow! I knew she was expanding but I didn’t realize that far. I’ll have to let D know…although that hasn’t been her cupcake place of choice here at home since she found a “friend” at the bottom of a cupcake wrapper.</p>

<p>RobD…ewwwwww! Really??? We come from the land of cupcakes and so D was VERY upset that there wasn’t a single one anywhere when she arrived. We were not familiar with Gig’s but looked it up online when we heard it was opening and it looked passable. Owner’s husband is a Dr…maybe that will help with cleanliness? Think I will not pass the “friend” info onto D (although it might improve her food budget since her “eating out” part of it seems to be off the charts…seems cupcakes has become a new food group for her :slight_smile: !).</p>

<p>I forgot to mention City Cafe in Downtown Northport. It’s been around for years…great meat and 3. Most days the line is out the door…so go early or late. My girls like Bottomfeeders too.</p>

<p>does Nick’s in Stick’s have chicken fingers? Son isn’t a big fan of steak yet!!</p>

<p>Call them and ask…We’ve only gotten steak there.</p>

<p>(205) 758-9316</p>

<p>just called they have a chicken dinner, catfish and shrimp dinner- i assume it is all Fried</p>

<p>As for BBQ, I’m afraid that I go against the “tide”, so to speak, and prefer Full Moon over Dreamland. Go figure!</p>

<p>We, too, prefer Full Moon…</p>

<p>It’s a sweeter sauce vs a vinegary sauce…we like a sweeter sauce.</p>

<p>Ok…went to Gigi’s for cupcakse today…awesome…</p>

<p>Went to Wayside for breakfast…very good, very quaint.</p>

<p>Tried to go to City Cafe…didn’t know that they’re closed on weekends…very quaint area of Northport.</p>

<p>Right now…sipping a strawberry margarita at some bar…lol…celebrating Bama’s win. Nick Saban was at the game. The football team was sitting about 3 rows in front of us…very cool.</p>

<p>Today was the 2nd day of “Junior Days” where they bring in rising senior boys to look at UA’s football program. D is a Crimson Belle and spent the day with a very nice young man and his family. They went to the game tonight and the fam and boy were thrilled with the school spirit at Bama . Gave D a big “Roll Tide” as they left all smiles. Glad the bball team pulled out the win now onto “The Show”.</p>

<p>sorry…forgot to add they catered in Full Moon bbq for the recruits for what it’s worth.</p>

<p>Oh, m2ck, maybe I shouldn’t tell you this, but there are two Gigi’s in Huntsville!</p>

<p>Yes…but I haven’t been to either one…One is so close, I could practically walk to it. LOL </p>

<p>Frankly, I’m surprised that they put one on Hughes Rd…and not at Bridgestreet instead.</p>

<p>If you are looking for a pleasant surprise, you should eat a Surin in the main area of Tuscaloosa. It has really good Thai food AND some Southern food mixed in. My Thai catfish that I had there was amazing! Definitely a future haunt for me.</p>

<p>Thai catfish – now that I’ve gotta taste!</p>

<p>Yesterday we ate breakfast at a local Greek restaurant, kind of out in the sticks. (We have a large local Greek community. They own a lot of restaurants. Yum. :-))</p>

<p>Well, for lunch and dinner, this place serves souvlaki and such. But, for breakfast, it’s biscuits and gravy and country ham, with piped-in country music. You haven’t lived till you’ve listened to country music in a Greek restaurant. :)</p>

<p>I love the South. :D</p>

<p>I would like to update an oldie, but goodie. Which of these great restaurants are no longer open as a result of destruction from the tornadoes? For example, I know Full Moon and Hokkaido were completely destroyed. As well, please post any rebuilding information (timeframe, location, etc.) here. I have spoken to the owners of Full Moon and they plan to rebuild and be operational by year-end.</p>

<p>Winzell’s!
Out of al the great places to eat, it was the best!!</p>

<p>I spoke with Winzell’s - Tuscaloosa/Northport. They are operational and did not suffer damage.</p>

<p>We ate at “FIve” -same owners as Chucks and around the corner from Chucks. The food was good, the music was good and the prices were not bad.</p>

<p>I ate lunch at Mugshots again when I was in town on Thursday. Their McDonald burger is still the best burger I’ve ever had. I wish I knew where they got their buns from. Their beer battered fries and fried pickles are top notch as well.</p>

<p>My mouth is already salivating in anticipation of taking lil bro back to campus in August :-)</p>

<p>As of Friday, Iguana Grill had not re-opened, but that was only because of electricity issues. Same with Gigi’s Cupcakes next door. There was a sign on Gigi’s that they hoped to be open by this week. </p>

<p>There is a Mexican restaurant …Margarita Grill that suffered exterior damage and is closed. I don’t think it had much interior damage, so it may not take long to get it re-opened.</p>

<p>Can’t think of any other full restaurants besides Full Moon and Hokkiado that were destroyed.</p>

<p>??? Was Wintzells destroyed? I didnt’ think so.</p>

<p>McDonalds was severely damaged. Milos Hamburgers and Dipping Dots Ice Cream were destroyed. </p>

<p>The Tmobile and Replays (not restaurants…lol) were also destroyed.</p>

<p>I can’t imagine Full Moon missing out on the entire football season. I wonder if they’ll figure out some kind of mobile unit or something to use.</p>