Planning a campus visit at University of Miami

<p>We are planning a February visit and would appreciate advice on hotels/motels that might be convenient to the campus. Any other suggestions you may have to offer will be most welcome!</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Or, if you have a condo/apartment you can rent us for a few days, that would work too!!! :)</p>

<p>Holiday Inn near U of Miami is full - but there is space at the Terrace Inn and Gables Inn. Anyone know if they are OK? We really prefer to be as close to the U as possible....Thanks.</p>

<p>I remember seeing a listing of hotels with distances in miles from the campus on the Miami website - sorry I don't remember where...(probably something called "visit us?") It also mentioned that when calling the hotels, ask about a UMiami discount.</p>

<p>Something to consider when making your travel plans. The weekend of Feb. 26-27 is Family weekend and most of the hotels/motels in the area are almost if not full already. Be prepared also for tons of traffic and activities designed for parents which may not give you the true feeling of the campus and area. Although there are two baseball games and a basketball game that weekend so campus should be rockin! Sorry I can't give you any info about the Terrace or Gables Inns since we've never stayed in either. If we can't get into the Holiday we usually stay at the Wyndam not far from CoccoWalk. About a 5 to 10 minute drive depending on traffic....</p>

<p>Marriot Dadeland. It's new and fairly decent, if you want a really nice p;lace to stay there is always The Biltmore or The Ritz in the Grove, none of them are very far away. You could probablt take a taxi for about $6 tops.</p>

<p>Lori</p>

<p>Thanks for the ideas. We hope to be within walking distance of the campus. Then S could have a little more freedom to come and go without us and our rental car. He hopes to find people with whom he can stay overnite but if he can't, the hotel will be close by.</p>

<p>We will be there from Feb. 16-20, so I am glad we won't conflict with parents weekend. Good luck, I guess! As S has some school days off then, it was the only time we could do a trip that would be more than 1 or 2 days.</p>

<p>I am really looking forward to it, after the stress of waiting to hear about applications! I hope the weather is good!</p>

<p>Any lacrosse players out there? S would love to meet some!</p>

<p>wish<em>it</em>was_april: don't forget to let us know all about your visit.. I would be interested in hearing both you and your S's comments!</p>

<p>Where did you end up choosing to stay? I'm going down in a few weeks, and it's between the Holiday Inn (is it still under renovation?), Marriott Dadeland and Best Western South Beach (which is cheap but may be dumpy from what I read ...).<br>
Any suggestions on which is closer/better between Marriott and Holiday Inn?
Thanks.</p>

<p>Stay at the Marriot Dadeland. It is new, clean and in a great location, near restaurants, shopping and a short ride to the school, just a few miles. Good luck and have a great visit.</p>