Planning ahead...exams Dec 2012

<p>Because we will be sending our D without a car next year, I’m assuming that we will pick her up in December for the holidays. I am wondering when exams are typically over. The calendar shows Friday, Dec 14. Is it a safe assumption that she will probably finish by Thursday? (Our son, a senior at a large state university, never seems to have exams on that last Friday of a semester). </p>

<p>I am trying to book a nice hotel stay in New Orleans for my hubs and I to enjoy on the way to pick her up. I am not going to choose the advance payment option, so we should have some flexibility, but this hotel will book up as it’s known for its Christmas decorations and celebrations. </p>

<p>Any feedback on when the freshmen usually wrap up their exams? I know it is probably completely based on their classes, but would appreciate your feedback.</p>

<p>No, it’s not safe to assume that there won’t be exams on Friday. Exams for some classes will be that Friday. At this point, you wouldn’t be able to tell if your child will have a Final that day.</p>

<p>Exams are scheduled based on class times and are not always on the same days that the classes are normally held. Some professors may decide not to use the final exam time, but many students do have finals on Friday.</p>

<p>Thanks! At least I won’t need to be concerned about arriving Friday and she would have been done on, say, Wednesday. It will all work out. </p>

<p>For those keeping an eye on Southwest in order to book Thanksgiving, as of today they are still only booking through Nov 2. </p>

<p>I guess planning ahead comes with age, because I never did it when I was younger!</p>

<p>lattelady: My son’s last final this spring is Friday around 7 p.m. Moving out the next morning after a late exam should be interesting.</p>

<p>3 of 4 semesters = Friday afternoon exams. :):slight_smile: this one he’ll be heading home.</p>