Please assess my chances

<p>I live in Colorado by the way and I am half Korean</p>

<p>GPA: 3.7 unweighted, 4.4 weighted
ACT: 32 (that's without writing, I'm going to take it again with the writing)
I still haven't taken the SAT yet</p>

<p>Classes (by when I graduate):
-Spanish 2, 3, and 4
-Honors English for all 4 years
-Honors history for 1 year, AP Government senior year
-Honors math for 1 year, AP BC Calc junior year, most likely Calc 3 and Diff Eq senior year
-Honors science for 3 years, AP Chemistry, AP Physics C
-3 years of Student Council (it's a class at our school)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
-Student Council for 3 years (as mentioned above) - a lot of work
-NHS for 2 years
-Math Club for 2 years
-Varsity tennis for 2 years</p>

<p>Sounds good - 90% per the table under freshman admissions, unweighted gpa used by UW. Spend time on the UW site and good luck.</p>

<p>very good test scores and although you never really know much from looking at a GPA (since every school has it's own weighting system) it looks like you've taken a challenging course load. </p>

<p>you look like a shoe-in to me, just apply early on so they will definitely have a spot for you. plus it's always nice to be in somewhere before the new year. oh and make sure to check "Asian" in the box where they ask for your racial profile. with your stats/extracurriculars and also the fact that you are out-of-state, you probably won't need it, but UW isn't the most diverse place in the world, so it'll give you a little extra push i think.</p>

<p>We just go out of 4 for regular classes and out of 5 for honors/AP classes...so an A would be a 5, etc</p>

<p>Thanks guys and if anyone else has anything else to comment please do I would appreciate it</p>

<p>By the way I have another question...I was going to apply as soon as they let me but I just realized I need to take the ACT with the writing portion, and I won't be able to until mid October...do you think I'll still be fine if I apply as soon as I got test scores for that? Along with the SATs?</p>

<p>Apply before you have the test scores, then all that they will be waiting for are those scores and your job will be done (make sure you have ACT/SAT send your scores to UW). UW will calculate your gpa using unweighted grades, it doesn't matter to them how your school weights the grades. Read the information about how to do the essays, it is very clear.</p>

<p>I tried to get it close to how they might calculate the GPA...aka not weight the grades and only include core classes</p>

<p>Oh and one more thing...the ACT score that I do have was without the writing but should I put that down on the application anyway?</p>

<p>Thanks a lot</p>

<p>Sure, it's a good score, put it down.</p>