please chance, #1 choice!!

<p>hello. i am a female senior from a pretty well respected suburban high school. i want to go to virginia tech for industrial design more than any other college but i dont know if what i have is good enough for what they want, especially in that program. please please give me some feedback!!!!!!!</p>

<p>SAT:
Math:600
Writing: 620
Reading: 600</p>

<p>High School Classes:
-6 math classes, all level 1, currently in AP Calc AB (A- average)
-4 english classes, currently AP English (A average)
-3 science classes (bio, chem, physics) (B+ average)
-4 history classes, all level 1, currently AP American Government (A average)
-electives:
--intro to art, art 1, art 2, ceramics, painting studio, concepts of 3d design and 3d independent studies (A+ averages)
--technical: intro to mechanical drawing and CAD, architectural CAD, advanced CAD (A average)
--other minor classes like gym etc (A's)</p>

<p>high school grading scale:
A=90-100
B=80-90
C=70-80
etc</p>

<p>unweighted GPA: 3.8
weighted GPA: 4.1</p>

<p>College Credit: 3 technical drawing and CAD classes from local community college</p>

<p>clubs etc:
National Art Honor Society: 11th and 12th grade
Art Club: 10th grade
helping hands: 11th grade
volunteer with greater philadelphia cares and global happiness: 10th and 11th
volunteer with church group: 10th, 11th and 12th
American mathematics competition: 11th grade
local community college drafting competition: 10th grade</p>

<p>please tell me anything you can cause im really in love with VA tech but i just dont know if i can get it since their industrial design program is so selective.</p>

<p>many thanks!!</p>

<p>The SAT scores are a bit low. Your GPA looks pretty solid.</p>

<p>bubgal, Have you taken the ACT or can you take it next month? I agree with WoodPost, your GPA looks fine as well as your courseload. Your SAT score isn't bad at all, but some kids fare much better on the ACT. If you could take it and have the scores rushed to VT before the cutoff, maybe that would help. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>i think you should get in (also applied to VA Tech for I.D)... you should also look at the University of CIncinnati- it is known internationally for its design program</p>