Please chance an out of state Engineering applicant

<p>Hi everyone, I'm an incoming senior at a public high school in the northwest Chicago suburbs. My stats are as follows:</p>

<p>Gpa: 4.0 unweighted
Class rank: Either top 1% to 2% (Last terms grades aren't in the ranking system yet)
Act: 31 composite (32 English, 36 Math, 25 Reading, 31 Science)
APs: AP Calculus AB (5) AP Computer Science A (4)
Senior Course load: Calculus 2 at local community college, AP Physics B, AP Psychology, Honors English, Honors Spanish 4, Accounting 1 (needed to fulfill graduation requirement)
Intended major: either mechanical or aerospace engineering
State of residence: Illinois
Extracurriculars: Varsity Baseball two years, President of 3 religious youth organizations, attended a selective leadership training course for athletics at my school, ran a community event website and Facebook page
Ethnicity: White</p>

<p>My real question is do you think that I have a good shot at being accepted to mechanical or aerospace engineering at Wisconsin. I appreciate all responses. If you need more information to chance me please ask.</p>

<p>If anyone has any suggestions for me on how to improve my application as well that would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>Your GPA and ACT composite score are fine. Over the summer, work on writing compelling, specific and interesting essays., and request recommendation letters from your teachers.</p>

<p><a href=“Apply as a First-Year Student – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/freshman/apply.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Two Written Statements
We ask you to answer the following two questions, each in the form of a short essay. Review our list of tips for the written statements as you prepare your responses. Both are required for all domestic and international applicants.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Consider something in your life you think goes unnoticed and write about why it’s important to you.</p></li>
<li><p>Tell us why you decided to apply to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. In addition, share with us the academic, extracurricular, or research opportunities you would take advantage of as a student. If applicable, provide details of any circumstance that could have had an impact on your academic performance and/or extracurricular involvement.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thank you for the response. I will be sure to come up with good ideas for the essays. Do you by chance know when the fall 2015 application will be up?</p>

<p>Ditto- the one thing you can do is to write your essays reflecting your interest. I don’t see an aerospace major at UW. This may not matter unless you are set on that specific major- I notice you list another engineering field. It may be more to your advantage to not limit yourself to aerospace engineering career wise. Probably can submit Sept 1st. </p>

<p>The application opens online on August 1 and can be submitted as early as September 1:</p>

<p>APPLYING AS AN UNDERGRADUATE FOR FALL 2015?
(does not apply to graduate school applicants)</p>

<p>The undergraduate application for fall 2015 will be accessible beginning August 1. You may submit your fall 2015 application beginning September 1.</p>

<p><a href=“https://apply.wisconsin.edu/”>UW System Admissions Application;

<p>Looks pretty good, but Madison is VERY selective towards Illinois residents due to the high amount of applicants from there. You should get in, though. Good luck</p>