Please Chance me! A&M computer science regular/honors

I was wondering on what my chances were in getting into A&M computer science regular/honors. I’m currently a junior and am stressing out over my chances, so I’d like some help. Here’s what I’ve got:

SAT: 1360
ACT: haven’t taken it
PSAT: 1350
GPA: 3.81unweighted, 4.88 weighted
Class rank: 57/816
AP courses:
Human Geo
World history
Physics 1
Psychology
U.S. history
English language and composition
Statistics

Senior year:
Macroeconomics
Calc AB and BC
Government
English literature and composition
Chemistry

Extracurriculars:
-Tennis team(varsity 2 freshman year, varsity sophomore-senior year, will be team captain senior year, junior varsity district champion, 3rd place districts sophomore year, high rank of 80 in Texas)
-Orchestra(concert master in varsity 2, varsity sophomore year, region orchestra member freshman year)
-National Honor Society member
-Volunteer violinist in church worship band for 2.5 years
-Missionary in Taiwan July 2016

• MSU engineering camp 1 week(included cs)
    -UNT cyber security camp 1 week

Do I have a good shot to get into honors? If not, regular? Thank you all!

@linbeau22 assuming your math sub scores are good you shouldn’t have an issue getting in to engineering. You are an auto admit to the university. Don’t know enough about honors.

@trinley sweet, thank you! Another question, are the chances of me getting into computer science different than the chances of getting into let’s say mechanical engineering? I know both are part of the engineering school but I’m not sure if the admission into those specific fields differ or if one field is more competitive than the other. Thank you!

@linbeau22 all engineering students are “General Engineering” their freshman year and take the same courses. You apply for your specific major in the spring of freshman year. Some majors are more competitive than others to get in. You can find more about it on the TAMU website. Google “TAMU entry to a major” or “ETAM” for short. You will find a fuller explanation of the process.

@linbeau22 Id also suggest googling “tamu etam analysis 2017,” which will show you basic statistics on the GPAs of students that got into each major.

Like @trinley said its best to look into the ETAM process. I wont go into detail but I’ll help explain whats on the analysis page a little; if you have a 3.5 GPA after completing certain required courses, you’ll be guaranteed to get into computer science/the engineering major of your choice. Anything below that, and they start assigning majors based off GPA going highest to lowest, so the higher your GPA the better the chances of getting the major you want. The analysis page will give you a range of GPAs to see how competitive each major is more or less.