Please Chance me For TCU

<p>Caucasian/White
Female
GPA Unweighted 3.4
GPA Weighted 4.25
SAT: 1590 (I retook it and am waiting for those scores to be released.)
Activities: National Honor Society for two years, Band for 3 years, Theatre member/Stage Manager, International Thespian Member Troupe Historian, National Art Honor Society Publicist, German Club Officer
Awards: National Qualifier for Stage Management at Texas State Thespian Convention, State Alternate for UIL One-Act Play, Outstanding Crew Award at Regional Competition.
I've taken 3 AP classes.
I've always dreamed of going to TCU.
My admissions essay was fantastic and I have an outstanding teacher recommendation letter.
I did submit the Freedom of Expressions Page.
I submitted my app for the January 1st Deadline/Early Apply II</p>

<p>BUMP</p>

<p>Obviously I cannot promise you anything, but you look like a strong candidate. I was accepted with a 3.4 GPA and a 29 ACT. I was involved in various clubs at school, but you are definitely more involved and have won many more awards than I have. I only had 1 AP but numerous honors classes. My essays/short answers were pretty solid. I showed a lot of interest in TCU through my short answers and visit. I had a pretty great teacher rec also. I did not submit the freedom of expression page so I think they will see that and be impressed that you took your time to submit that. I believe that you worked hard in high school, and now all you can do is wait and see. </p>

<p>Many colleges say they have a holistic approach to reviewing applicants, but TCU is the only college that I applied to (out of 9) that actually rejected students with higher than average scores. TCU truly looks at applicants beyond scores and stats (one of the reasons why I love it so much). It is my #1 right now, but paying for it is going to be the real struggle. </p>

<p>@reedsb Did you receive any merit scholarships?</p>

<p>@2loulou‌ TCU emailed EA and ED accepted applicants that merit scholarships are not mailed until January 12th at earliest. </p>

<p>Thank You! :slight_smile: I got my 2nd SAT scores back with a 1610… not much improvement but hopefully you are right that they will look at more than just the score. </p>

<p>Bump</p>

bump

@FutureFrog19. It appears that you applied EA. Most folks received notification mid December as you know. I would recommend that you call your recruiter and ask them about your status. They should be able to tell you something. Just looking at your notes above, you GPA and SAT stats are low compared to the 2014 TCU Common Data Set info, Goggle the data and review it yourself. The common data set states that the bottom 25% of kids that were accepted in 2014 had an average SAT score of 1620. I don’t believe in the chance me as I have no idea. I would just review the common data and see how you fit into the reported numbers. The closer you are to the top 75%, the better chance you have of getting into TCU. In closing, call you local rep and ask them directly.

I applied the second early action. @getchasome