Please Chance Me For UC's. Much appreciated ^_^

<p>GPA: 3.83 UW. 4.14 W
SAT I: 2100 (690 CR, 740 Math, 670 Writing)
SAT II’s: 770 Biology. 790 Math 2C. 680 World History
AP’s: Biology 5. Statistics 5.</p>

<p>Sr Schedule:
AP English Literature
AP Calculus AB
AP Psychology
Government/Economics
Physics
Digital Photography</p>

<p>EC’s:
Frosh: Non school team basketball. Clarinet Lessons. Summer Camp Counselor.
Soph: Clarinet Lessons. Summer Camp Counselor. Taught elementary kids how to play at an after school band program.
Jr: Summer Camp Counselor. Part of a missionary program that taught kids English in Asia.</p>

<p>I plan on retaking the SAT I and hope to score 2300+. I plan on taking the AP’s in the above mentioned courses^. I also plan on taking SAT II Chinese and hopefully get an 800. </p>

<p>Overall, I feel that I am most lacking EC’s since I never really committed for a long time + some of them weren’t year long.</p>

<p>Please chance me for all UC’s.</p>

<p>UCB-
UCLA-
UCSD-
UCD-
UCI-
UCSB-
UCSC-
UCM-
UCR-</p>

<p>Thanks in advace=]. Any additional analysis + advice is appreciated!</p>

<p>Overall, I feel that I am most lacking in the EC department.</p>

<p>UCB- high match (slight reach if your major is engineering-related)
UCLA- high match
UCSD- match
UCD- safety
UCI- safety
UCSB- safety
UCSC- safety
UCM- safety
UCR- safety</p>

<p>UCB-Reach. But I only say this because admission at UCB is a crapshoot and it's pretty much a reach for everyone.
UCLA- High match
UCSD-Match
UCD-Match/Safety
UCI-Safety
UCSB-match/Safety
UCSC-Safety
UCM-Don't even bother
UCR-"</p>

<p>UCB-Slight Reach/Match
UCLA-High Match
UCSD-Match
UCD-Safety
UCI-Safety
UCSB-Safety
UCSC-Safety
UCM-Don't bother
UCR-Don't bother</p>

<p>I disagree that Berkeley is a reach for anyone. HYPS would be the only schools I'd say are reaches for anyone regardless of how good their stats are.</p>

<p>UCB- Slight Reach (GPA is low-ish for Berkeley)
UCLA- Match/Slight Reach
UCSD- Match
UCD- Safe Match
UCI- Safe Match
UCSB- Safe Match
UCSC- Safety
UCM- Safety
UCR- Safety</p>

<p>so improving my SAT scores would probably get me into the Match range for UCB?</p>

<p>UCB- reach, boost gpa if you can, and sat
UCLA- reach (not as much as berkeley, but still a reach)
UCSD- match
UCD-safe match
UCI-safe match
UCSB- safe match
UCSC- safety
UCM-safety
UCR-safety</p>

<p>I hate to say it but despite the impressive test scores, your EC's and lack of honors/APs is holding you back a bit for UCLA/UCB.</p>

<p>So therefore:</p>

<p>UCB/UCLA: Reach
UCSD:match
UCD/UCI/UCSB: High safety
UCR/UCSC: Unless youre hiding an F somewhere in that transcript... haha, you could probably SIR in June and get in.
UCM: You'd have to really f*** over an admissions officer's life.... and you'd still get in.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone who posted. Yeah, the responses pretty much confirmed what I was afraid of. The few EC's are not going to help me much w/ UCB + UCLA. I plan to major in engineering too=[ so chances for admission for those two, especially at UCB, are even lower.</p>

<p>Additional responses are welcome!</p>

<p>Well UCSD is a match for you and their engineering is ranked higher than UCLA engineering. That will be a plus for you if you go there.</p>

<p>Source stated: USNWR Engineering program rankings: UCSD #17 in nation while UCLA #21...</p>

<p>UCB is of course #2 tho heh heh</p>

<p>Purest do you know if the science programs are good at UCB/UCLA? I know that UCSD + UCD have good bio programs. </p>

<ul>
<li>Say you wanted to do premed, would competition within science majors at those UC's be at such a high level that a 4.0 GPA is hard to get?</li>
</ul>

<p>yea good question MD, like how much of an is the premed competition at the UCs?</p>

<p>anyone care to share premed experiences at B, LA, SD, D, and I?</p>

<p>I'd suggest you frame the question as a new thread if you want to get people to respond.</p>