Please Chance me for University of Alabama

<p>Ethnicity- white
major - biology/chemistry/ or microbiology (i want to go onto grad school to become an emergency room doctor)</p>

<p>GPA(weighted)- 97.66/120
(pre-ap classes have 1.1 multiplier, ap classes have 1.2 multiplier)</p>

<p>Rank- school doesn’t rank beyond top 10%, which I am not in</p>

<p>SAT I- 720 CR, 670 M, 630 W (12 essay) - 2020 composite</p>

<p>ACT- 30 composite</p>

<p>no SAT II’s</p>

<p>EC -
Latin Club - Summa Cum Laude on National Latin Exam
Mu Alpha Theta member (honorary math organization)
Head busboy at a restaurant for 3 years
Ran a lawn mowing company for a summer
1 year JV wrestling/2 years Varsity wrestling (Co-captain junior year)
700 hours volunteering at a hospital
Fed the homeless on a few occasions in an underprivileged area
Commended on PSAT (212)
AP Scholar
Presidential service award
Varsity letter winner (wrestling)</p>

<p>Senior year schedule is-
Bio AP
Chem AP
Calc AB AP
English Lit AP
Statistics AP
Government AP (sem 2)
Macroeconomics AP (sem 1)</p>

<p>I will have taken 12 APs by the time I graduate. I will graduate distinguished with honor in math and volunteer service.</p>

<p>I am also planning to apply to UT Austin College of Natural Sciences …</p>

<p>SAT I- 720 CR, 670 M,</p>

<p>You’re in.</p>

<p>You really should take the Nov SAT to see if you can bump your total to 1400. Right now, you’re 10 points shy of free tuition.</p>

<p>Right now, you’d get a 2/3 tuition scholarship…but if you score a 1400 next month, then you get free tuition.</p>

<p>So, you want to go to med school?<br>
Bama has excellent pre-med advising & does Committee Letters
[The</a> University of Alabama Health Professions Advising Website](<a href=“http://premed.ua.edu/]The”>http://premed.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>^ Wow, thanks! Very informative and quick reply :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Dang that 10 points really ticks me off :confused: I probably will retake if it means full tuition. I’ve been mostly looking at UT Austin, but now I can practically get full tuition at UBama apparently… I know it’s a good and uprising school, but I just hope that it is a prestigious and "hard’’ enough school to allow me to do well on the MCAT and get into med school. I guess I should look at the website some more.</p>

<p>*but I just hope that it is a prestigious and "hard’’ enough school to allow me to do well on the MCAT and get into med school. I guess I should look at the website some more. *</p>

<p>Bama pre-meds have a high acceptance rate into American MD med schools. So don’t worry about that at all. </p>

<p>The director of pre-health advising, Mr Chris Hutt, has told me that Bama students with a 3.6 GPA (cum and science GPA) and at least a 29 MCAT have over an 85% chance of acceptance to an American MD school…</p>