Please Chance me, I'm on borderline

<p>I live in VA and compare to the students last year in my school, my gpa/sat is on the borderline of getting accepted most people around my gpa/sat is on the waitinglist and I don't know if I have a better chance since of my activities outside of school is a lot.</p>

<p>GPA WEIGHTED: 3.65
SAT: 1190
Activities: 2 years Cross Country, 1 year Wrestling, 2 years indoor track, 3 years of outdoor track
Clubs: Math Honor Society, FBLA (State qualifier)
Work: I work as a Secretary, publicist, website designer, and assistance manager for one year now.</p>

<p>Classes: ALL IB CLASSES, (HL MATH, 3 hl classes and 4 sl classes)</p>

<p>Although I am on the boarder line, I feel that I do more activities than the average student body.</p>

<p>You recognize that your application will be borderline acceptable. If only VT will do for you then be prepared, if necessary, to attend community college until you can transer.</p>

<p>Best of luck.</p>

<p>Your stats are similar to my son (3.65 WGPA / 1340 SAT). He applied ED for engineering and was accepted. He is in his second year. There are so many things considered from what type of classes, your school’s grading scale, what weight your school applies to classes, etc. that makes it impossible for anyone to guess your chances accurately. Only admissions will have the “correct” answer for you. So, give it a try, you have nothing to lose. I would however recommend working really hard this year and retake the SATs. VT looks at the stats more than extra-curric. items. Good luck.</p>

<p>My daughter had almost the exact same stats. A 3.65 gpa and around 1200 SAT. She was out-of-state and applied regular admission. She was waitlisted, but accepted from the waitlist on May 4th.</p>

<p>She is now a very happy freshman Hokie!</p>