Please Chance Me. Thanks.

<p>Applying to College of Business
[ *] ACT: 27
[ *] Weighted GPA (out of 5.0): 4.833
[ *] Senior Year Course Load: AP Calculus AB, AP Psychology, AP English IV, AP Spanish IV, AP Environmental Science
[ *] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Student Government, National Honors Society, Athlete's Committed to Excellence, Principal's Student Advisory Council, Volleyball, Soccer
[ *] Volunteer/Community service: Church and Forest Preserve
[ *] Summer Activities: People to People Leadership Program
[ *] Essays: AMAZING!!
[ *] Teacher Recommendation: Very Good
[ *] Counselor Rec: Very Good
[ *] State (if domestic applicant): Illinois
[ *] School Type: Public, Competitive
[ *] Ethnicity: Asian
[ *] Gender: Male
[ *] Income Bracket: greater than $100,000
[ *] Strengths: essays, strength of class load
[ *] Weaknesses: GPA</p>

<p>Did you apply EA?
Did you take the SAT and decide not to report it?
Did you take AP’s in junior year? If so, how were your scores?
Rank in class? Or, if unknown approximate your decile…
Did you consider UM your 1st choice, did you think it was a stretch or safety school?
Can you attend, even if you don’t get a merit scholarship?
~Zinc</p>

<p>No, I applied regular decision. I did not take the SAT. I took AP US History, AP English Language/Composition, AP Microeconomics, and AP Biology. I received a 4 on each of the tests except for AP Microeconomics, in which I received a 5. I think I would approximately rank in the 15-20% out of 600 students. UM is in my top three and I would think it would be a stretch. I can attend without the need for scholarships. What do you think ZinkWhiskers? Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>Based on your ACT score, your rigor of coursework and your performance on the AP exams, I think you are IN. I don’t think your GPA is that weak. Surprised you didn’t apply EA and that you didn’t take the SAT.
Good luck to you and keep us posted!
~Zinc</p>