please chance me!!

<p>I'm a junior right now at a very competitive high school in the bay area, california.
My sophomore year grades were not good at all because of personal family issues, but there is an upward trend in my gpa.
i'm an asian female & i was raised here but was born in taiwan.
if it helps, i want to be a nurse or a physician's assistant when i grow up, so i'll probably be majoring in something biology related.</p>

<p>I've taken a few honors classes,
PreCalculus H, Chemistry H.
The AP Classes I've taken: AP Chinese, AP Biology, APUSH & I took General Psychology over the summer @ a community college which counts as an AP class i believe! :o
my school also doesn't offer many ap classes, so i've been taking classes at my local community college.</p>

<p>SAT: 2190 CR: 760 W: 700 M: 730 (I might retake it?)
ACT: Possibly taking in the fall
SAT II: Chinese: 760, Taking Bio, US History, and Math level 2 before the school year ends. Aiming for at least a 780, 760, and 780 respectively.
GPA: 3.3 UW, 3.5 W
AP: Chinese (5), APUSH<em>, APBiology</em>,
*currently enrolled, taking exam this may
Anticipated senior schedule
-AP US gov
-Regular Econ
-AP Statistics
-Physiology
-Contemporary Lit
-Photography</p>

<p>this summer, i'm planning on volunteering at Stanford Hospital and tutoring kids in math.
I also have around 200 community service hours.
I'm also involved in DECA, a business club. I'm also planning on taking AP Calc AB & AP Chemistry at my local community college this summer! </p>

<p>if it helps, i also got a 231 on my psat, and i researched a little, and i think i have a prettty good chance at being a national merit semifinalist! i'm not 100% sure if my gpa will hold me back from being a finalist though. Is it wrong that I'm hoping that this will somewhat cushion my gpa?? </p>

<p>so i know my gpa isn't great at alll, but is there anything i can do to increase my chances of admission?!
& one last question!
would it be easier to apply to a less popular major and get in & transfer to a more biology related major...?</p>

<p>bump pleeasseee :(</p>

<p>Your stats and ECs seem pretty solid. If your GPA continues the upward trend then you have a very good chance of getting in. If you want nursing, you need to apply for nursing (can’t do nursing from biology, at least not easily). If you want Biology, then the college of Science is what you want to apply to.</p>

<p>is the college of science super competitive? :o
and why can’t you do nursing from biology? jw, sorry i’m super new at all of this ):
buuump!</p>

<p>bummmmppppppp</p>

<p>You need to major in nursing to go into nursing at Purdue. It’s a very competitive program to get into, and it becomes that much harder to get into if you’re not in nursing right away.</p>

<p>is it possible to major in biology or public health and still go on to become a successful nurse in the future? :o
bump!</p>

<p>Bump! Chance me please! (:</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>@catsaregr9</p>

<p>Just a few questions first…</p>

<p>1) What do you honestly interpret your UW GPA to be at the end of this semester (your junior year)?</p>

<p>2) How did you do on your AP Bio exam?</p>

<p>3) Wanting to volunteer at Stanford Hospital and actually being accepted to do so are two different things. Have you already applied and been accepted as a volunteer?</p>

<p>4) Will you have financial need in order to attend? Do you know the amount that your parents are willing to pay each year?</p>

<p>These answers will drive a better response to your chances.</p>