Please chance me

<p>I go to a high school that is ranked 3rd in the entire Greater Houston Area but I have a very mediocre rank of around 20% out of 189 students in my grade level (not sure but definitely in the top quarter). </p>

<p>My SAT isn't all that impressive either, CR 550 M 630 W 580 Essay 9
ACT sucked too, 26 composite
Pretty good extra curricular and lots of volunteer hours though</p>

<p>Please chance me, I don't mind going to Blinn TEAM or going to the summer gateway program.</p>

<p>Just checked and actually got a 10 on the essay part of the SAT, don’t know if that makes a difference. </p>

<p>I hate to say it, but you would be lucky to get Blinn TEAM. Do your best to raise your SAT/ACT scores. Being in the top quarter may help you somewhat, but in my personal experience with A&M, I got the impression that if you aren’t in the top 10%, you may as well be in the bottom. However, if you can get at least a 600 on both CR and M, and at least a 1300 in those sections combined, you’ll be an automatic admit. It’ll be tough, but it’s definitely worth a shot.</p>

<p>Dang, I was really hoping I had a chance because some of my upperclassmen friends made it with lower and similar stats. </p>

<p>You never know, though. Take the ACT and SAT as many times as you can before the deadline. Even just a few more points on either test would help you out. Good luck!</p>