Please chance me!

:wave:Hello everyone, I am applying for the 2023-2024 school year into some elite boarding schools please chance me!

Here is some background Info-
I am a currently in 9th grade replaying for 9th grade for most of the schools, I’m African America. I applied to boarding school last year and unfortunately didn’t get into any. I was rejected to 3 schools (Andover, Hotchkiss, and Loomis) and waitlisted to the rest (Deerfield, Choate, St. Paul’s, Concord, St. Marks, Exeter, Groton, and Milton). I have two older siblings who are currently attend boarding school, so hopefully that’s a plus.

Here is a list of the schools I am applying:

Loomis
Kent
Choate
Deerfield
Cate
St. Paul’s
Taft- You may ignore because I might not submit my ssat scores
Lawrenceville- You may ignore because I might not submit my ssat scores
Concord

SSAT- I did VERY bad on the ssat I think part of it was because I didn’t study enough. I plan not to submit my horrible score, but I’m also retaking it in around a week so tips are always welcome. (This is why you may ignore Taft and Lawrenceville because they require ssat)

Grades: I’m currently an A, B student which again I think will lower my chances, although I do take all honors classes and one AP class.

Clubs: I currently participate in clubs like Class Council, Minority Scholars, Math Team, French Club, MESA, and Gifted and Talented. Additionally, I contribute around my neighborhood, community, school, and church. I also used to play the cello for 5 years, unfortunately I quit last year.

Sports: I currently do Taekwondo (red belt), and I have been doing it for 3 years now. And I plan to join my schools track team in the spring.

Interest: I’m passionate about photography, writing short stories, volunteering, and I like reading books. (I have provided a photography portfolio in my application)

Awards: Nothing much but I earned the presidential award, Honor roll every year, and I won an essay constants a few years ago.

Interviews: My Interviews went great, I’m not to worried about that!

Essays: I personally think my essay where great to, so I am also not to worried about that.

Overall, I think I have a pretty average, even below average profile. I’ve seen many better candidates out there, and I don’t think my profile is close to meeting some of those levels. But I can take criticism, so please tell me your advice :slight_smile:

Duplicate Account