Please enlighten me: UC Santa Barbara or UC Davis?

<p>What? I don’t think there are going to ruthless winters or something. </p>

<p>Forget the weather, its still CA. Choose the school best for your future and happiness.</p>

<p>yeah… weather sucks in a lot of places in cali.</p>

<p>omg … you people are acting like davis is in minnesota or something. the weather is not bad at all. it gets hot in the summer, but that’s what AC is for. besides, most students go home for the summer anyway. and it’s not that cold in the winter. i’ve lived in davis for a whole decade, and i’ve never seen snow. if it does fall (once every 10 years), it’s for 30 minutes and it melts practically the moment it hits the ground. quite disappointing, imo.</p>

<p>update:</p>

<p>I reflected on the campus-tour experiences of both UCSB and UC Davis.</p>

<p>UCSB is a really, really beautiful school (no lie), but I realized now I felt more at ease, more at home with UC Davis. I don’t know why, but I felt a little more free, more at peace in UCD.</p>

<p>Academics/major-wise, Davis has three majors I am really interested in: Design, Landscape Architecture (with a B.S., not a B.A., no?) and Communications. . . .And I can always transfer to other schools, provided I excel in my classes, no?</p>

<p>I realized how useful UC Davis’ location is, since it is near UC Berkeley (allows to connect with students there and maybe get ideas/resources from there, no?), and how it is near the metropolitan area. . . .</p>

<p>I hope wintertime is not that cold at davis, though. really.</p>

<p>UCSB has the CCS (but with none of the majors I would really want to pursue), and the location and weather, and its near LA</p>

<p>UC Davis has the majors I want, its close proximity to access of internships or resources, and has two metropolitan areas: San Francisco and Sacramento, plus it is near alot of other colleges, no? </p>

<p>I’m 75/25 towards Davis. … .</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>This shouldn’t affect your decision. It’s not like you’ll be driving down to Berzerkly every weekend. And if you did, what do you expect to do there? Ask passerby to “connect with you”?</p>

<p>I just want to add this little tidbit. If you guys think Davis gets “really cold” you are ridiculously out of your minds and I hope you never leave California in the winter or you will DIE!!! DAVIS RARELY GETS TO 32!!! And when it is that cold it’s usually for a couple minutes sometime around 6am. You’ll be fine.</p>

<p>^ It all comes down to the campus you like better, but if SB doesn’t have your major I don’t see how that’s going to benefit you in the future either…</p>

<p>BTW, I hate cold weather also but I live in practically the same area as Davis and I love it here. The weather is nothing like the Bay but it’s very nice for the most part. I don’t see why everyone is saying it’s so cold here… I never been to Santa Barbara during the winter so I can’t judge.</p>

<p>^Inevitably it probably doesn’t get “as cold” in Santa Barbara but damn. It really should be a non-factor between these two choices.</p>

<p>SB gets to be about 50 lowest and 80ish(but there are always cool ocean breezes) highest =P
And really shouldn’t let weather affect your college decision.</p>

<p>I feel like there’s so much more to worry about going into college than the small differences in weather shared by a majority of California colleges.</p>

<p>I went to UCSB and live in Sacramento now. While I wouldn’t fully base my decisions on weather, there are pretty significant differences between the central coast and valley weather, especially during the summer.</p>

<p>Average High in July:
Davis: 93, Santa Barbara: 75</p>

<p>Growing up in San Francisco and going to school at UCSB, I’m not looking forward to my first full summer in Sacramento :)</p>

<p>^I think you’ll live.</p>

<p>Yeah, I’m sure I will. I walk to work, and walking home around 4pm in a suit will still not be very pleasant though :slight_smile: I actually had an internship that required me to live in the mountains in Montana for 3 months during the winter where temperatures reached below 0 F and I didn’t mind. I just don’t like heat :D</p>

<p>^Ok I will admit this. Walking outside in Sacramento in the summer in a suit will be HELL. But I also wouldn’t care for Montana in the winter. That being said, Sacramento>Montana. Ta da.</p>

<p>if it’s cold, I want SNOW!!</p>

<p>It doesn’t get cold enough to snow usually.</p>

<p>I chose UCSB.</p>

<p>I just simply felt more natural, more comfortable going to SB. </p>

<p>It just seemed like the transition to SB is easier, and it would be nice to stay connected to my family, no? </p>

<p>And there is always the option to transfer to other colleges, provided you maintain a high GPA, no? </p>

<p>well, i’m a gaucho now. :o!</p>

<p>Wonderful choice! Sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I do and be sure to check out downtown’s state st and stearn’s wharf and such. Beautiful places and arts hosted by SB county are plentiful. Congrats!</p>