Please help Honors app

<p>Okay. I have a 3.5 gpa and got accept to UA for Fall of 2012, but my ACT is a 25. I know the requirement is 28 so should I not even bother applying?</p>

<p>Bump…</p>

<p>Don’t apply until you’ve retested and have brought your scores up.</p>

<p>You have until next spring to get your scores up.</p>

<p>I should have added…</p>

<p>there’s no point in applying right now because your app won’t be accepted. The req’ts are firm…they have to be.</p>

<p>If you are not able to get your scores up to ACT 28 (or the SAT equivalent …about 1250), then you can apply after your first semester’s grades are posted as long as they are high enough.</p>

<p>I thought the deadline was in February though? And they accept scores past december?</p>

<p>The Honors College will accept scores later than what are accepted for scholarships. IIRC, the priority deadline for UHP and IHP is in February, but you can apply later than that.</p>

<p>The Honors College accepts a very small number of students (ie 2-4) each year with stats lower than those required for guaranteed admission, but those are very special cases. UA does have a sort of development program for students with either high GPAs or high test scores, but not both. I forget the name of the program, but it does exist for students in such situations.</p>

<p>The Honors College will not reject your application until late spring as they wait to see if higher grades/test scores come in. You could apply now and have your application pending for a few months, but you might as well wait until you meet the requirements for guaranteed admission into UHP/IHP.</p>

<p>Thank you for the suggestions. I will probably wait until I take the SAT in october.</p>

<p>*The Honors College accepts a very small number of students (ie 2-4) each year with stats lower than those required for guaranteed admission, but those are very special cases. *</p>

<p>I would imagine that the very small number would be …as you said…very special cases…students who have been identified as having “testing issues” but have very high GPAs or something like that.</p>