Please help! I’m desperate for advice, do I send?

<p>My overall stats (before averaging senior year): 3.4GPA and 1320 (1600) SAT. I finally pulled it together this past semester, however my English teacher is killing me.</p>

<p>My mid- year transcript is 6A’s and 1 C+ (AP English). Should I send a letter to colleges addressing the C? My AP English teacher is ridiculous, last year she gave no A’s; this past semester she gave 1 A. Compared to the other AP English teacher at my school her class averages are significantly lower and the grade distribution is very much skewed. My AP teacher 15 percent As and Bs; the other AP teacher 90 percent As and Bs.</p>

<p>I'm particularly concerned because I'm from Northern Virginia and was told by a VT admissions rep that I am in direct competition with other students from my high school and that Cs are application killers. Obviously, colleges are unable to differentiate grades from different teachers for the same class. </p>

<p>Should I address this issue or will it sound like whining? Any and all thoughts are appreciated?</p>

<p>If you mean do you send a letter saying your AP teacher grades harder than the other AP teacher - to be honest I would say not a good idea. It does sound a bit whiny (sorry! I do feel for you because I know that does happen which is hard for you). Plus in college you are not going to find teachers that give 90% As and Bs. </p>

<p>That is just my opinion.</p>

<p>Perhaps your guidance counsellor could say something to the college about it if he sends mid term grades out?</p>

<p>i litterally had the same exact grades. all a's and a c in ap lit. so hopefully its not that big of a deal</p>

<p>No big deal. I'm surprised the rep said that. Geeez.</p>

<p>My impression has been that it's only UVA that actually sits there and counts the As, Bs, and Cs (of which there had better not be any at all!). Relax.</p>

<p>6 A's with one C+ is pretty excellent in my book, you'd be insane to send them something about it. Maybe if you had like 3 or 4 C's Id be a little worried. I know how complicated it gets in No Va (Im in the thick of it) but Id say your SATs keep you in great shape.</p>

<p>Is it true its harder to get in from norther va than from oos sometimes?</p>

<p>No that's not true.</p>

<p>If anything it's the same. I live in NoVa too.</p>