Please help, i think i messed up bad

<p>I was looking through my UC App and I discovered that I accidentally messed up in putting the average amount of hours I volunteer at the hospital. I put down that i volunteered at the hospital for 3 hrs a week for 50 weeks for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade. My first mistake was that I put 10th grade, thinking that it was for something else. My second mistake was putting the average. I put down that I go 50 weeks a year when i really dont go for 50 weeks. I just guesstimated. What should I do??! Im afraid of being rescinded :’(</p>

<p>Umm… if you haven’t gotten the random 10% app verification notice, then I would stay quiet and on the down low.</p>

<p>but i have to send in my transcript with all my hours to the school that i got accepted to. wouldnt that matter??</p>

<p>you’re school is one of those unusual ones that have hours on transcripts…in your particular case, it may be good to say something, but since so few schools have the budget and the will to keep track of that information, I think UC’s exclusively look at grades on the transcript.</p>

<p>I’m 98% sure you’ll face no consequences unless you get an audit, but if they inquire, just be honest.</p>

<p>should i call each of the UC schools about my situation just to be safe? this was an honest mistake and i didnt mean it to boost up my hours for points. and i havent gotten an audit yet. arent they suppose to be done with sending those already?</p>

<p>GPA and Test Scores are 75% of the game. When you get accepted and decide which one you wanna go to. BEFORE you send in your deposit and transcript you should tell them just in case.</p>

<p>or</p>

<p>another strategy to use is call the uc campus that you get accepted and are going to and without giving them you name just yet… tell them you situation. maybe they will say ok</p>

<p>Trust me, you’ll miss the days when GPA/test scores were ONLY 75% of the admissions…</p>

<p>I think you should notify them, especially since they see the number of hours on your transcript.</p>

<p>For some schools, e.g. UCSD, this is a material factor that can make the difference between acceptance and rejection. At UCSD, it If they accept you based on the hours and subsequently find this is not true, even if that is discovered a year or more from now, you could be rescinded or expelled. For others, e.g. UCD, UCSC, UCSB, volunteer hours are not a factor in admissions. For the two holistic schools, UCB and UCLA, it might be a factor. </p>

<p>No need to notify the schools that don’t use this in admissions, but for UCB, UCLA and UCSD in particularl you have a decision to make.</p>

<p>purest: yeah i will miss those days but ill be graduating the summer before the new guidelines go into effect. i mean seriously im hearing rumors that 33% of app is just on personal statement.</p>