Please help.... it's about financial aid.

<p>well here is my situation until friday i was ready to head of to UF, but i recieved my financial aid package and i am now in a very different situation. UM has always been my dream school, but i never thought i could afford it.... until now!!! So, here is my question.... is the amount of aid that is currently "awaiting verification" pretty much how much i will get after verification? also, if you have any other good information on financial aid to share, please do.
thanks a lot.</p>

<p>my financial info did not change, but it probably could change if more students enroll than expected. you call financial aid or the registrar and ask about the past few years. if you want to be completely sure, (and get first choice at dorms and classes) you could send in the deposit to start registering for dorms, classes, etc.</p>

<p>In general, it won't change if you completed fafsa correctly. If you did complete fafsa correctly, then the numbers on the Verification form(s) and tax returns will all match. At that point, a preliminary finaid award becomes final. Of course, if you have special circumstances not covered by fafsa (such as high medical expenses, grandparent living in your home, sibling at private school), you could always appeal for more need-based aid.</p>

<p>Don't mean to hijack this thread but...</p>

<p>When I log onto MyUm and pull up "financials" under the "student" tab I can click onto the "documents recieved' and see that the have my FAFSA.
When I click onto "documents required" it says that None are required.
Then when I click on the "award" tab it says "no awards made at this time".</p>

<p>Anyone know what that means?
I probably filled out the FAFSA about 3 weeks ago.
Hopefully it's just that they haven't gotten around to do a calculation yet.</p>

<p>^ i called today and they said it doesnt mean anything</p>

<p>however, they did tell me somethng else that was pretty interesting...
they told me that your efc must be lower than 4,000 to receive grants
so with an efc of 6,000 im only eligible for loans...is this true?</p>

<p>FML! i found out today that my fafsa app was messed up when they offered me aid! so i decided to find out what my efc would be if i were to enter the correct info... so the told me that my efc was around 6000 (according to finaid.org) and around 4000 from collegeboard. so should i trust these to be accurate, and if they are then what kind of aid would i get? this is killing me!</p>