Please help me get off the Cal waitlist

Hi,

Cal has always been a dream school of mine, and when I found out that I was Waitlisted for Bioengineering, I was really disappointed. I’m not sure if Cal is even right for me, since I don’t like the competitive nature of it, but despite that I really want it as an option!

My questions are does Cal actually look at the final transcript, since on the waitlist form it only asked for fall, winter, and spring grades? Does this means I only need to report those three term grades, and not the final grade(fourth term grade)?

Most importantly, I literally have no idea what they mean by NEW and COMPELLING info? Is this supposed to be a 500 word essay or a list of things we accomplished senior year? Are they asking for a different story or side of us? if they are, what would be most appropriate?

If anyone can send me links of successful essays that got off the waitlist or have any other advice on how to get off the waitlist for Bioengineering that would be most appreciated. Also I got into UCLA and UCSD for bioengineering, should I mention that or something?

@nevergiveupp

A list of things you accomplished senior year would be the correct thing to send in.

Also send in new transcripts or update them on your current mark. If you mention UCLA, they probably won’t take you off the waitlist as they still want protect other UCs’ yield (speculation on my part)

However, just a heads up, engineering waitlist is very hard to get off of as UCB engineering is very prestigious and reputable, so a lot of people accepted do indeed attend.

@Desiree2 Thank you! However, there can’t be THAT many people on the bioengineering waitlist, since each engineering has its own waitlist.