Please Help me In choosing the best B-School for Undergrad Finance Degree

Hello CC,

I just got back all my decisions and am having a hard time trying to decide which school is the best one in opportunities, programs, and connections in finance for Undergrad. I would appreciate any advice or clarity that you guys could spread on this topic for me.

NOTE: Tuition costs do not really matter, but it would be a deal-breaker if all other things are equal.

Thanks

I’d put UF and then UGA at top of those schools but not knowing more about your situation makes it hard to be specific.

Thank you @jpga13 what other information would be helpful in making the decision. Also I hear a lot of underclass business classes at UF are online does this rumor hold any weight?

Are any direct admit? PSU isn’t and finance is a competitive admit. Have a plan B if you don’t get finance.

People have been complaining about UF being online.

As for reputation they’re all fine. Which one do you like best?

All are equal. What region do you want to be in ?

CU Boulder is direct admit as is Florida (I believe as they don’t limit major for any admit).

UF ranked higher. Both are large and yes many UF core is online.

Must of these will place regionally and all of these are fine.

Which did you feel happiest at ? Which meets your needs…ie maybe you are a particular region like Jewish and the Hillel matters. Or you ski so CU matters. Or you are in state PSU and cost matters ?

These have one thing in common. All are big. Do u want to be closer to Society ? CU.

Do u want a guarantee major. Cu and UF

REALLY what works for you ??

I want to explore the world and nature, but I also want an amazing social scene. I want to ski or surf, so no real thing there, but I want a good student life off-campus. But most of all I am looking for a college that helps me in exploring my interest and guides me to the right path for me at the end of the day. Also, they have to be good with innovation. I am currently leaning towards UGA and UF but don’t know enough about their finance programs to make an educated decision. So if you could help me in understanding what makes each program great would be helpful.

Look at the catalogues for classes. Look at the career outcomes.

I don’t think you’re going to find big differentiation. All are large flagships.

It will be what you do in clubs, research, seeking internships. Not the school.

@itsgettingreal21 has a D who is in Terry at UGA (or just graduated). She may have insight.

Congratulations on three great options!

Personally, I think UF is overrated for business. Lower level business courses are entirely online. Not so at UGA. For me that’s enough of a differentiator. Other than that, opportunities will be similar and you’ll need to put yourself out there to build a strong resume for the best internship and full-time opportunities.

Ok cool, thank you soo much do you think you can give any input regarding the other two programs?